Fibromyalgia Community
Exposure to Mold/Mildew & Fibromyalgia
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Exposure to Mold/Mildew & Fibromyalgia

Hi, I am a 25 year old that worked in an area school that was full of mold and mildew...I stayed sick from several bouts of sinus infections, bronchitis, pneumonitis and so on...I have since been experiencing many symptoms that possibly have Neurological & Rheumatic causes...Could this be the cause of some of my issues?  I have Fibromyalgia, Neuropathy, Myoclonus, Hypermobility Syndrome and many other things...I am scheduled to see a Neurologist at Emory U on January 12th...Symptoms include burning sensations (everywhere, esp chest), tingling sensations, impaired judgment, impaired concentration, impaired memory, migraines, Numbness, Decreased Muscular Control, Stiffness, Swelling, Fatigue (Mental & Physical), Malaise, Depression...These symptoms started a year ago, and has finally made it so that I am unable to work...Could my conditions be caused by my exposure to mold and mildew?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
When I lived in a house by the lake, there was a great deal of mold and mildew there.  I also had migranes (migraines), and felt sick all the time. I suffered an accident at work, which they later felt that it was probably fibromyalgia.  So yes I feel that mold/mildew can cause an individual to end up with fibro.

Good Luck with your neurology appt and let us know what happens
Blank
I know it is possible for people with CFS to get CFS after a toxic exposure. There has been research done on this.

source:

http://groups.msn.com/Neuro-ImmuneSupport/mcsresearch.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=472&LastModified=4675647480029758538
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank