Fibromyalgia Community
FMS does not flare-up ?!?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

FMS does not flare-up ?!?

Hello, I was reading some posts and a doctor had said that FMS patient does not have flare ups... This is not at all what I've read elsewhere, been told by rheumo... Nor experience (dx'd with Fibro 2 years ago).

Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I've had fibro for about 15 years and I can tell you definitively, from my own experience, that fibro DOES flare - at least mine certainly does!!!  It is true, however, that fibro can affect each person differently, so it is possible that one sufferer may have horrible flares, while someone else may have only very mild flares.
Blank
483733_tn?1326802046
Definitely flares up.  When I get that flue like feeling, can't see or think through the fog, and my mouth feels like cotton I know a flare is starting.
Blank
Thank you both! Thought I could possibly be losing my mind when I read that... I guess, as they say, some doctors are just not familiar with Fibro and assume what they want.
I am on Short Term Disability right now and was on intermittent FMLA prior; every time I had to call to report an absence, they asked if it was a Fibro Flare Up...
Of course, it was, but you never know how the insurance companies are going to try to deny claims. So I just wanted some assurance.
Blank
Oh ya fibro flares very common for me.  I have one really bad one at least once a month that last at least a week.  I just lay in bed until it gets better, but pain killers help me.  right now not seeing a dr, so I just have to some how make it through.  I take at least 2 scolding hot showers a day to have any relief at all.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...