Fibromyalgia Community
Fatigue and Fibro Fog

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Fatigue and Fibro Fog

Does the fatigue and fibro 'fog' lack of concentration, memory loss every get better?   I have been dx with
fibromyalgia about 3 mths ago.  I am self employed and this is really affecting my work!
Need anyones opinions or comments.
Hi Fox301.

I understand what you are going through and being self employed means
you simply cannot afford to feel this way.
I have been self employed all my adult life (since  the age of 18) and have worked through all my issues, no matter how severe, quite successfully.

It helps a lot when you have training in holistic health, nutrition &
energy medicine, lol!

Likely, you have been mostly resilient till the cumulative effects of life events, stress, insufficient rest, hormonal changes etc., kicked in and consequently led to your fibromyalgia dx along with the symptoms you mentioned.

Many fibromyalgia sufferers have improved greatly on a low carb & gluten free diet.
These suspect offenders have a wide range of possible targets in the human body:

1. Yeast overgrowth resulting in Candida, affecting any organ & body system, including the brain. You can do a Candida screening test on your own.
Just search under :saliva test for candida. Very simple & fast

2. The gluten molecules-mainly from gmo grains- resemble the TPO(Thyroid Peroxidase - an enzyme necessary for the signalling Thyroid hormone production) molecules and thus the immune system in its response against gluten, attacks the TPO in the Thyroid also!

3.  Increased Tartaric acid production. Tartaric acid toxicity interferes with the Kreb's cycle (metabolic process to convert food energy to cellular energy-simplified explanation) and damages muscle tissue.

4. Carbs contribute to higher acid levels (lower PH), thus lowered ability to absorb nutrients and minerals, compromised cellular energy production
and to repair damaged cells, impaired detoxification and worse of all:
Providing an optimum terrain for diseases to thrive!
An alkaline diet is highly recommended.

Also, you may want to look into Dr. Barnes Basal Temperature Test,
one of the better ways to check your thyroid function.
Serum testing is not very reliable as it does not indicate accurately cellular
thyroid function -only serum levels.
Another condition to rule out is low adrenal function, which unfortunately is
outside the scope of conventional endocrinology...until it becomes a crisis:
Adrenal failure!  One of my fav quotes is " It's too late when the roast is burnt in the oven".

Let me know if you need any details, specially the last 2, which are easy to go underdiagnosed,undiagnosed or worse misdiagnosed.
It becomes rather serious when left untreated or wrongly treated over time,
with the potential of irreversible damage.

Have you been checked for any nutritional  or mineral ( tissue mineral analysis)  for deficiencies?

I hope this helps, however, please note that my comments and suggestions do not constitute medical advice.

Best wishes.
Niko