Fibromyalgia Community
Fed up with this so called disease

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Fed up with this so called disease

I really just need to vent.

I am angry and I just dont think I have Fibromyalgia.

I was diagnosed with this when I was 17yrs old I am 34yrs old and I was once confirmed that this is what it is.

I have spinal, hip and lower right quadrant pain and the Neurologist that I saw a pain clinic told me I look great for my condition and that there is nothing else it could be.

I have thyroid and colon issues in my family but this damn diagnoses isn't going to diagnose the other issues because they keep focusing on it.  I had a spinal xray when I was 16 and had mild scoliosis 15 deg not bad but I am now 34 wouldn't they do another x ray or MRI to see what as happened over all these years?  I have Mild degenerative disk disease in my jaw is it not possible to have that in the spine? is it not also possible since I have estrogen dominance with stage IV endo that I could possibly have some thyroid issues?

This doctor told me I should never had the endometrioisis surgery and that I should  stay focused on the treatment through the pain management clinic.

I said I wasnt taking pain meds because I dont think I have FMS.  He wasnt impressed.

Anyways I am annoyed, angry and I just dont understand.
I was told about 4 yrs ago I had fibro, due to me complaining about my awful leg/thigh pains.

However, NOT one of my doctors every mentions it, or considers it for the reason for my aliments.

I went in Tues this week due to my hips & thighs really hurting. They did not even mention the Fibro. My dr. did an xray & ran blood work for arthritis. When he pressed on both sides of the hips, I jumped...

Turns out I had bursitis of both sides of the hips...he did steroid shots on each hip & the pain is all gone....well a lot better than it has ever been.

For 3 yrs every time I went in for my leg/thigh pain they always assumed could be Vit D, or thyroid related. (I had a TT ) Yes I was very low on Vit D & my thyroid levels were off or sometimes they would just say I wish I had an answer for you, but they never mentioned Fibro which I was diagnosed with about 4 yrs earlier.

I have to admit, BUT JUST ME, but I am skeptical of the fibro diagnosis for me.

I have had a lot of health issues, but not one surgeon or doctor or specialist every blamed it on Fibro, or even mentioned it as being the cause of my aliments.

I never bring up the fibro diagnosisi because to me they will automatically blame that and quit trying to figure out my problem.

I wonder if brusitis was my problem with my legs all along...But this was the first time my hips hurt along with my legs/thighs.

I am underweight, so they can't blame it on me being over weight.They just say I am a curious patient.
You are so right! Luckily ( I guess) my bursitis came first.  Now they don't want to treat it because they say its now fibromyalgia.  What did the bursitis go away because the rest of my body decided to hurt too? I think not.
Good health and a less painful life to you!
Way to vent...you go girl! I get a second opinion for everything.  Now my doctor. ..who is tresting my fibromyalgia.and is a GENERAL PRACTITIONER looks at me funny when I don't ask for a second opinion. All insurance allows for a second opinion.  Especially if they are pill -  knife -  or shot happy!!
I think maybe you should vent at the doctors.  It is called PRACTICING medicine. If you get a bad feeling let them practice on someone else!!
Good heath and good luck to you!