Fibromyalgia Community
Feeling cold yet sweating profusely
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Feeling cold yet sweating profusely

I been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia x 1 year.  I take Cymbalta, the lyrica did not work for me.  I have also have restless leg syndrome, and Diabetes type II; recently I have been having the feeling that I am very cold; yet I am sweating profusely.  I feel like I have a severe case of the flu (as is common with Fibromyalgia).  My doctor says perhaps I am going "through the change."  I had a hysterectomy @ 20 years ago and I know what flushes are and this is not flushes.  So far, this time the cold, clammy, sweating has lasted for three days.  I cannot get comfortable and sleep is not happening.  I am so fatigued I cannot walk across the room.  Could this be something other than Fibromyalgia?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It could be the Fibromyalgia.  Fibro causes problems with your hypothalamus gland which controls your body temperature, sleep and a range of other things. I have had the symptoms you are describing.  Your body could also be trying to fight an infection, so I would check your temp. when these symptoms occur for fever. Your symptoms don't sound hormone-related to me, although hormone problems make Fibromyalgia symptoms worse. Also make sure it's not an adverse reaction to Cymbalta or something with your Diabetes.

Warm Regards,

Ree4tu
Blank
642304_tn?1242610324
Response from Prof. Nicolson:  Temperature regulation problems, thyroid gland disorders (often thyroiditis), that cause cold sweats and profuse sweating at night (so called night sweats) are often signs of a chronic infection(s).  This is one of the most common signs/symptoms found in CFS patients who are infected with chronic cell wall deficient bacteria (Mycoplasma, Chlamydia, Borrelia, etc.) and viruses (HHV6, CMV, etc.).  In our experience effective anti-microbial treatment will reduce or even eliminate such problems but treatment is long-term.  Short term treatments usually offered patients do little to dent these chronic infections.
Blank
I did not have cold sweats, but with my fibro i am more sensitive to the cold weather and always seem to feel cold. I just cant get warm enough. I have had my thyroid checked several times, and it seems to come back normal. But my doctor told me that being sensitive to the cold, or being cold a lot is a sign of fibro.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...