Fibromyalgia Community
Feeling of heaviness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Feeling of heaviness

I was diagnosed with Fibro many years ago. I also have R/A. The past year or so, after running  or trying too lol, I have a  heaviness in my legs mostly and my hands too a weakness of sort and I cannot tie or grab anything properly, is this a symptom of advanced Fibro?
Yes, I do believe this is another part of Fibro.  Heaviness in the body and the weak hands and feet are all part of it.  I thought I had MS but the Dr. said it was just the Fibro.  Mine is worse in the damp weather.
Thank-you for your response, I thought as much, I keep forgetting to discuss this with my doctor. Also it did take them 3 years or so for them to find out my problem, they had thought MS at first. So I suppose the symptoms must be similar, and yes as time goes by, it gets worse and much so with the change in barometric pressure indeed!  
Hey ladeeart,
Welcome to the forum.
High Tartaric acid levels will do this.
It is a muscle toxin and extremely elevated in most FMS patients
Main source for Tartaric is yeast and fungal metabolites.
This is why CFS,FMS,MS sufferers do so much better on a low or no carb diet. Some people have reversed their conditions ( A little tough to follow though, as carbs are like drugs-highly addictive!)
You  may want to  try this for a week or two ( if you can endure it).

Yes, indeed, damp and cold weather worsen the severity of symptoms.
As the barometric pressure falls, there's a positive charge and the positive “ions” increase, which causes a depletion of cortisone in the body.
Cortisone is the hormone that helps us deal with pain.
I have used Hypnotherapy,EFT and Energy Medicine for successful pain management, neutralizing the effects of numerous "offensive" factors.

Please read my recent posts and replies here, in regards to Lyme
and Pathogenic Mycoplasma Infections as MOST Fibromyalgia
patients are NOT properly diagnosed!
These Infections can be treated.
Why suffer unnecessarily for life (if that is the case) like millions of other
FMS patients?
Let me know if you need more info on the above.
Blessings,
Nikodicreta

Yes, definitely a part of Fibro unfortunately.  I get heaviness in my hands and arms a lot too. I hope you feel better soon!
I do believe it is a part of fibro - I quite often get heaviness in my hands, arms, legs and feet.  Sometimes it feels like I'm trying to drag around a concrete block on my feet.
Thank-you, quite interesting, what is the best amt of  carb intake  for FMS individuals, by mg intake.
I will read up on your previous comments.
Greatly appreciated.
d
Hey d,
Just look up the specific carbohydrate diet and the gaps diet.
It will give you an idea. Most carbs are out and some anti-fungal diets allow beet juice, tart apple , carrot juice and some other select carbs.
Most carbs from vegetables-excluding starchy vegetables- are allowed.
My daughter is in her second year on a version of the scd protocol.
This, combined with quality probiotics, supplements, and extra virgin coconut oil (lots) have helped her reclaim her life.
I really don't know how she does it, but she's quite functional again with extremely few serious issues.

Malic acid supplementation along with Magnesium (magnesium chloride flakes) really helps  as both those are usually very low in FMS.
The MgCl  delivery and absorption  is usually an issue.
If you're interested, I use  the best method for that.  Let me know.
Blessings,
Niko
Thanks again, will do!
Thank-you