Fibro Fog during an interview
So very frustrated.   I've only been on Lyrica for 2 months.  I started with 75 mg once a day.  I had a feeling of sedation for the first few days and then it went away.  It helped the pain.  Within 2 weeks I needed to move up to 150 mg once a day.  And it helped.  Well for the last couple of weeks I've been hurting bad and really wanted to add another pill but didn't want the initial sedation to affect me as I go to job interviews.  Well, had the most important one and fibro fog hit me.  I felt like a bloody idiot!  How do we manage with this?!  I did up my pills today and feeling a lot better but that's not going to help my chances at getting that job.
I can't tell you about the Lyrica because it did not help me at all. I in fact made my Fibro Fog worse & never helped the pain.The fog I have very server & can tell you things I do to help me with it. First I have a book I take with me every place I go.If i have an interview with someone that's very important I bring a my league pads in a executive book so I can look good but have it open in my lap to look down at.Keep all of your papers in so when you go to get something you want to show you see your notes as well.I also have a tape recorder I use to record things I want to remember to say so before I go in I can replay it & remind myself of what I need to keep up with.Now at home I have my note pads, cell phone I always have in my pocket,books & recorder. Last Be honest I know you may not want to say I have Fibro but you can say I am so happy to meat you I may forget what I need to say. One that gives the impression that you care about the company, also you really want the Job,Finally it will show that their opinion & time matters to you. Who does not like when someone kisses up. lol
cant beat that for humiliation...
i've had to just decline jobs and refer customers to a friend, for 3 years. and i took on a small job (signmaking) last month and, well, it was still too much. finished it though, but i'm just not up for it. somewhat discouraging. (and customer probably thinking i'm a typical slack signie?)
it takes me 5 times as long to do the job and this presents poorly...
dagnabbit!!
Sorry it took me so long to respond. Life has been crazy. I've been interviewing too and just landed a new job! Yes! With Fibro Fog and all. How stressful. I totally feel you hun!!!!

My thought is- I know that the medications we have to take sometimes increase the amount of drowsiness and put a damper on the alertness we feel at times, but the anxiety about being aware of it only makes it worse on us. Do you know what I mean?

My advice is to focus your energy on your strengths and qualifications and do not worry about having a foggy moment. If you do have one- use humor to lighten the mood. That is what I try to do. You can't change the fact that you have an illness. You can highlight your best achievements and most brilliant strengths. Those things can overshadow any silly brain fog moments that we have that is just a part of our lives that we just have to deal with. Don't let the anxiety of it run you. You have so much to offer. Showcase that and the rest will fall into place.

Even if you don't get this job. There will be another opportunity I just know it. Keep us updated!!! I am eager to hear about your future success.

-Dusty