Fibromyalgia Community
Fibro Treatments' Label May Not Carry FDA's Highest Warning of ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Fibro Treatments' Label May Not Carry FDA's Highest Warning of Suicide Risk

I just read this and had to post this !!! Please, please read this if you are taking Lyrica, Neurotin and/or any other prescription for fibromyalgia:

http://chronicfatigue.about.com/b/2008/07/13/lyrica-neurontin-label-may-not-carry-fdas-highest-warning-of-suicide-risk.htm

I have taken Lyrica off anf on for over a year and foun fit to be a wonderful drug,,it actually helped the first night I took it.  I only wish my INS would pay for it so I could take it on a regular basis as taking it off and on is not a good thing to do.  I have had some suicidal ideation with other meds but not the Lyrica although everyone differs.  Good article great to keep everyone informed.

I thought I would bump this for all of our new members.
I was recently given this drug by my doctor to try and help manage my pain but have bee afraid to start it. What are the worst side effects and has anyone had a bad experience? I tried Neurontin and it made me feel terrible, dizzy and couldn't get off the bed. I would like to try it but am really scared, and I'm having surgery in a few weeks for something else and don't know if I should start this at this time.
I have depression and don't want it to get worse from these meds.
Valerie
Avatar n tn
I think my worst symptoms were uncontrollable crying and severe confusion. I didn't get any benefits from taking it.

bump up for our newest members
i've had pschotiv episodes and suicidal tendecys but i've been on lyrica for over a year now they think my episode was down to the parkinson drug i was on and took me off it, i find my fentanal patches make me depressed and tired but they do help with the pain but i get night swats and nightmares with it too.

sam

bumping up for our new members
I have Fibromyalgia, hardly do I ever get a break from the pain, some people I know with this have flare-ups but not me its with me every day...I tried Neurontin with no sucess from pain relief, the only side effect for me was weight gain and quite a bit of it, I discontinued use. Also, Lyrica has been mentioned I also, tried Lyrica got no relief just confusion and dizziness to the point of staggering,not a very good feeling so I didn't take this for very long. I'm a new member and enjoy reading everyones questions and entries.