Fibromyalgia Community
Fibro and lack of stack 3 & 4 sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Fibro and lack of stack 3 & 4 sleep

I have a question about Fibro and sleep apnea. I seemed to develop heart problems, Diabetes, fibromyalgia, and sleep apnea all at the same time. I also had problems with blood test showing hyperthyriod, then a repeat test seemed to be on the lower end of Not having it.
Anyway, I had surgery for the sleep apnea, and still have severe sleep apnea. but the results also showed that
I do not attain stage 3 and 4 sleep,which from what I understand can attribute to the fibro getting worse.
My fibro Dr put me on tramadol 50 mg 3 times a day and I was taking cyclobenzaprine  20mg at night, I was not back on bipap yet, i was feeling a bit better with the fibro, then I had cymbalta added by the sleep Dr and even at the lowest dosage, i would sleep for 9 hours wake up for 2 then sleep for like 6 more hours. i had to stop the cymbalta, and I stopped the other meds also, just to get back to not being able to stay awake all day.
Can you recommend what you think is the best mix of meds to perhaps fight the fibro and induce stage 3 and 4 sleep, I have a feeling a lot of the fibro pain problem is coming from the lack of those stages of sleep, and I think
the sleep machine might add to the problem with the fibro also, I also feveloped gerd along with the other ailments and I don't think having pressure forced into your system, is very good for that problem. So, i am at wits end can you help or suggest a good plan of attack for all of this, it aall seems to be very related.  
  • Sleep (4 replies):
    I was diagnosed with FMS. Has anyone else been told that...[more]
  • trouble sleeping (2 replies):
    I have fibromalgia and hypothyroism and pre diabetic. Ne...[more]
  • Is it in my head? (3 replies):
    Hi, I feel like an intruder because I don't think I h...[more]
  • Narcolepsy (3 replies):
    Been diagnosed with CFS by Dr. Black from Hunter Hopkins...[more]
  • Night Owls? (15 replies):
    Have you discovered since having FMS/CFS that you have b...[more]