Fibromyalgia Community
Fibro and leg problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Fibro and leg problems

Hello everyone. I have been diagnosed with Fibro for 4 years now but before I was ever diagnosed I was having problems with my legs. I got to the point where I could barely walk and was just shuffling along. This would come and go over the next 4 years and during that time I have had 3 neck surgeries and have been checked for everything from MS to RA and tested negative for everything but osteoarthritis. Now my legs hurt all the time and I can't stand anyone to touch them. Exercise is hard because they feel so weak and the pain I feel after a couple of hours is excruciating. It is not the pain of using muscles that haven't been used in awhile and they get sore, but aching, burning, and shooting sharp pains. Sometimes I just get up in the morning and can barely walk. It may last a day or several days. Has anyone else had this sort of problem?
...yes I do, but can I ask...what type of surgery did u have on ur neck?...the reason I ask is because I have chiari and cervical spinal stinosis......to determine u need to have a full MRI of the spine, one of the brain w/wo contrast......working w/drs is a very slow process......I hope u find the root of ur pain and that it is not anything that can't be relieved!

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"
I had bulging disc and had a small titanium plate put in then on last surgery they put in a 4" plate. May I ask what is chiari and cervical spinal stinosis did u mean that was causing leg pain? Thanks
I have several bulging disks as well....but the chiari, and stinosis.is what I believe to cause my pain.....what caused ur disk to bulge?.....to find out more on chiari see the following sites:
the chiari institute or www.asap.org
when ever the spine is involved, something may be pinched......u really need to see a good NS and get a complete check up...ur pain could very well be a result of ur previous surgery.
If I can help in any way...let me know.

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"
I was running and fell with all my weight on the side of my neck. Then a year later I hit a deer with my car. Thanks I will look that up.
do it quickly....those are good reasons to be checked...those are questions asked by the NS....ever had any trauma to the head or neck.......yes u have!!

let me know how u make out....geta MRI of the brain w/wo contrast and a MRI of ur cervical spine, lombar, and (not sure of the name) mid section so the whole spine!!
be sure to mention the accidents u had to the dr.

best of luck to u
Godspeed
"selma"
Thanks I'll do that. Have a great week.
I have had fibromyalgia for years and for the past 10 years my legs hurt so much i could hardly walk. I went from one pain clinic to the other. I also have spinal stenosis in my neck, with 3 herniated discs pressing on nerves, and degeneration throughout my spine. They told me at the pain clinic that my leg pain was coming from my neck. After a few years, the discs in my low back are herniated as well.  However, there seems to be a difference in the pain i experience just as there is a difference in my headaches. But last year i went to a Rheumatologist and he told me that my leg pain was hard to desifer, as it was a combination of the discs pressing on the nerves from my neck and low back, but also the burning pain, the muscle pain, the extreme stiffness especially in the morning were all from the fibromyalgia. The pain was so great when i slept, that all night i kept tossing & turning from pain. I did find that packing my legs in dry ice while sleeping at night helped.