Fibromyalgia Community
Fibro and twtiching rolling muscles in legs??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Have anyone diagnosed wioth fibro experienced twtiching rolling muscles especially in the legs? I ache all over adn have weird pains all over sometimes. It changes daily. But alwasy in my legs sometimes arms back etc..
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Muscle cramps and twitching is related to the location of tender points within the muscle that seem to irritate nearby nerves. Many people with Fibromyalgia may have problems with decreased oxygen flow to the muscles, resulting in lactic acid build-up which leads to pain. Leg cramps and pain can be due to restless leg syndrome common in fibro patients. There may be burning sensations in the leg. Contractions due to pain may cause trapping of nerves and further adding to pain and twitching. Recommended treatment usually involves stretching and exercise to help maintain muscle health. Calcium vitamin D supplements and multivitamin mineral supplements may be helpful. It is best to see a doctor. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
Thank you or your response. It seems with more activity the better I feel.... Is this common?
Yes... Being more active does help as long as you don't over do it & "crash". That's what I call it when you just can't move because you are so completely exhausted & sore, feeling like you weigh a million pounds.