Fibromyalgia Community
Fibro

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Fibro

Hey i was diagnosed with fibro..They put me n savella...The dr said that he has had the best results on his patients..Do yall take it and how does it work.
Avatar dr f tn
Hi!
Savella which is a selective serotonin and norepinephrine dual reuptake inhibitor is FDA approved drug for use in fibromyalgia. Savella increases norepinephrine and serotonin activity in the brain. This helps in fibromyalgia patients because low brain norepinephrine levels are thought to be related to increased pain and cognitive difficulties .Use of Savella is contraindicated in patients with uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma and in patients taking MAOIs. Savella can cause palpitations, nausea, vomiting, hypertension so a person on Savella needs to get his blood pressure and pulse checked regularly. Do consult your doctor. I hope it helps.
Good luck!