Fibromyalgia Community
Fibromalgia and irritability

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Fibromalgia and irritability

Hello.

Can you have irritability with fibromalgia?

I have constant widespread muscle pain and i feel so irritable. I dont get that fatigued but normally its in the head like i cant think straight.
Of course pain will cause you to be irritable.  But i have found that it does no good so I always put on a happy face.  I had knee surgery and I my Aunt, husband and I went to Laughin for a week.  We were eating dinner and I was in an awful lot of pain and I was trying my very best not to show it.  I got up to limp to the bathroom and I turned around and saw their worried looks.  When I returned I said, "OK you guys we are here on vacation.  I came because I was fed up with being laid up in my room for 5 weeks and if I have to be laid up in the room here, so be it.  We came to have a good time and I'm going to heal soon so wipe so worried looks from your faces.  It worked.

Pain in part of life.  Getting irritable only causes more pain.  I take it as it comes.  I used to get really irritable and after 20 years you learn that it compounds the problem.