Fibromyalgia Community
Fibromyalgia & Hepatitis C

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Fibromyalgia & Hepatitis C

Has anyone been diagnosed with both Fibromyalgia & Hepatitis and completed a full course of Hepatitis Treatment which resulted sucessful in removing the virus?

How was your symptoms of Fibromyalgia before your Hepatitis become active?

Now you have completed the Full course of treatment for Hepatitis how is your symptoms of Fibromyalgia affecting you now prior to treatment?

1: Better ?
2: Same ?
3: Worse ?

My Fiance' has suffered with Fibromyalgia for the past few years with the main symptom only being Burning hips at night in her sleep.
Only this year she had been diagnosed with Hepatitis C as the virus has just become active.
Now the virus has become active her Fibromyalgia has spread throughout her body and pain become far more severe, as it is said Hepatitis can be a known trigger for Fibromyalgia.

But i am curious on knowing how anyones symptoms of Fibromyalgia is after clearing the Hepatitis C Virus ?
Now the Virus has been removed, there is no trigger from the Hepatitis so does this relieve the pain for the Fibromyalgia?

YES?
NO?
I am hoping you will get multiple answers for your question as this one is a little tricky for me. As far as Fibromyalgia pain disappearing after the virus leaves a persons system, I would have to say most likely not, unless the pain is actually coming from hormones or the virus itself, so I suppose it's possible.

One theory about Fibromyalgia, is that it can be caused by physical and emotional trauma to the body, which creates an over sensitization of pain by the central nervous system, which is part of your brain's regulatory system. It's unlikely that even if you're fiance is cured from the virus that her body will "forget" the pain and remember how to feel normal again. She will need help.

It is possible for even the worst of us Fibromyalgics to put our pain in     remission with proper stress, diet, exercise and medication management. It just takes time and the right environment. Perhaps some cognitive therapy might be helpful? Don't give up. Fibromyalgia can be managed and improved.  

I posted this question under two topics the first

1: Hepatitis C
2: Fibromyalgia

I received a reply from one person stating that she suffered both and after her course of treatment has been cleared of the virus, and 6 months later has been in no pain since!

It just did not make sense to me that her Fibromyalgia was only affecting her hips then once her Hepatitis woke up from the DEAD! the Fibromyalgia become more severe, this tells you hepatitis has a lot to do with it, as the blood is affected, the affected blood affects other parts of the body!

There can be light at the end of the tunnel