Fibromyalgia Community
Fibromyalgia Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Fibromyalgia Pain

What can be done about the chronic Fibromyalgia pain when I am allergic to pain medicines or the pain relievers do not give relief.
There are many alternative treatments that may help.  Check out our health pages for some tips in that area.  

The important thing is getting good sleep and pacing yourself each day.  Accupuncture is another form of pain relief that some seek...with good results.  Fibro is so changing (waxing and waning) that everyone is different and must find what works best for them.  Cymbalta, Lyrica and Neurontin are 3 medications that have been used to treat FMS.

I hope you find something to help you and your pain.  Take care.
If you are in a state where it is legal, medical marijuana is a great help to Fibro pain. It makes day to day living much more tolerable and doesn't have the nasty side effects many pain management medications do.
I am allergic to smoke so that would not be an option for me.  I have filed for SS Disability but so far I have been denied.  The last SS letter stated that I was not depressed enough so therefore I was being denied once mpre.  I am at a year and a half of waiting.  It is now in the Judicial Review status but they stated that it could be umtil April 2010 before I get my day in court.