Fibromyalgia Community
Fibromyalgia and HHP Virus connection?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Fibromyalgia and HHP Virus connection?

I'm wondering if there is a connection between the symptoms of Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatique with the Human Herpes Virus.  I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatique in my early 40's, but feel like I've been sick with it since I came down with Mono in college.  Ever since then I've never felt the same.  I've been sick all the time with anything and everything it seems.  I also has the Roseola Virus when I was a baby, Chicken Pox when I was a child, and Vaginal Herpes in my teen years.   It seems like I've been sick with a different form of the Herpes virus since I was born.  I'm not looking forward to Shingles, but I think I'm doomed ( Is there anything thing I can do to avoid them?).  IS Fibromyalgia considered a part of the HHP Virus?
Tags: Herpes, Fibromyalgia, HHP Virus, mono, chicken pox, vaginal herpes, Roseola Virus, Chronic Fatigue
Hi!
Yes, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome are common in people inflicted with Human Herpes virus 6. Also, the condition is worsened due to post viral fatigue as a result of HHP-6 and mono. Just as mono causes recurrent flares, HHP-6 too is known to cause recurrent flares. Thus the fatigue, body aches and pain persist. Antiviral therapy is known to reduce the fatigue and other symptoms. You can discuss this with your doctor. Apart from this maintaining a healthy life style, drinking plenty of water (8-10 glasses per day unless contraindicated due to kidney problems), eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables etc helps combat the fatigue and pain. Exercising regularly also helps build strength and endurance. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.