Fibromyalgia Community
Fibromyalgia and Neck Injuries

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Fibromyalgia and Neck Injuries

My wife was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a couple of years ago. After visiting numerous doctors and trying various pain meds, nothing really seems to be working very well for her. I recently watched a show on the Discovery Health channel that talked about Cavernous Angioma and how it can cause pain in the extremeties as well as headaches, both of which she suffers from daily.

My question is, could this (or something similar) be the cause of her problem? Another reason I ask is that she has suffered whiplash related neck trauma as the result of 3 (yes, 3) rear-end auto accidents over the past 15 years and I thought that this may be what has triggered this condition.

Also, we live in Rockford, IL (70 miles NW of Chicago) so if there's anyone you can refer us to it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer.

That s really sweet you care enough to come on here and seek advise for your wife.

There is a report about whiplash causing simular problems to fibromyalgia, the patient suffers constant headaches, neck and shoulder pain and sometimes even lower back pain.

Has she had an MRI to check for damage?

I have had two car accidents with whiplash the last being the most serious and a horse riding accident, i too have gone from doctor to doctor to try and find answers they too have said i have fibromyaglia but cant seem to get it under conrol i have not worked since May of last year because the pain has been so bad.

They say stress and trauma to the body can cause this condition.

Does your wife just have neck pain or does she have widespread body pain?

I have neck,shoulder,hip pain on a daily basis and then i get hand,feet and brain fog when i am in a flare and flu like symtoms (symptoms).

I cant advise on dc as i live in the U.K.
Samantha