Fibromyalgia Community
Fibromyalgia and disability

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Fibromyalgia and disability

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 2 years ago. I have been in Physical therapy and Accupuncture treatment. Taking
elavil and muscle relaxers. I had to give up my job. I applied for disability and I am still waiting for a response.
What does it take to qualify for disability?

Disability resources for people who have fibro or CFS:

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Fibromyalgia/Disability-Resources/show/560?cid=39

anyone fighting for social security disability should call a company named Allsup to help them. They got my first denial turned around in just a couple of months. My problem is chronic pain from a botched root canal where a dentist burned my nerve using a material containing FORMALDEHYDE as its active ingredient.  They dont' charge if they don't get you approved and if they do, it is 25% of what is owed in arears up to a maximum of $6,000. It is worth a try especially since they deal with all the aggrevation. I did nothing after I signed the medical release forms. Call 1-866-324-0758 and ask for Jenny S.  She was very helpful and sympathetic.
hi i got on disabiity but it took about six months and a truck load of paperwork.dont give up i swear they just drag it out to make you go away good luck with it all
sorry forgot to say that they grade u on a points scale,if u dont make a certain amount of points on there scale it will b hard the best thing to do is drown them in doc reports hope all goes well