Fibromyalgia and painful intercourse
Hello all.  I have just started to have pain during intercourse over the past couple months.  it's not every time that I have sex, but it is really painful when I do.  Has anyone else experienced this?
Hello!
It may happen that a woman with fibromyalgia experience more pain during sex.Lack of sleep, decreased libido due to fibromyalgia medications all can aggravate the situation. Muscle pain leading to pressure and squeezing of pelvic area may make intercourse painful. You need to develop acceptance that you have this problem and you will overcome it. Allow your partner to be more active during sex.Plan to have sex after a warm bath or early mornings when the pain and stiffness are less and energy levels are high.Practice low impact sex positions like side by side etc to minimize pain. Manage stress with relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation. All these should help. In case problems persist seek professional help. Do keep us posted.
Best wishes!