Fibromyalgia Community
Fibromyalgia and rashes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Fibromyalgia and rashes

Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 8 years ago.  Have all the yucky stuff that goes along with it, but I try not to let it ruin my day, I just go with it when it's bad, and when I have good days I feel blessed.  A year ago I developed a rash, similar to teenage zits under the right nostril, traveling down around the corner of my mouth and chin.  My rash felt prickly hot and raw.  Nothing I used helped, and it just got worse.  After about two months, the rash cleared, but it left a patch of scaly skin that itched, but finally went away.  Is this a new symptom?  I emailed my doctor, she said to use an antibacterial soap, it did help.
Any thoughts?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello!
It is difficult to confirm anything without external examination. Based on your symptoms it is possible that you are suffering from Perioral dermatitis .There are groups of itchy or tender small red papules around the mouth, nose and chin and the surrounding skin may become  pink, and the skin surface often becomes dry and flaky. Other possibility is acne or rosacea.Any allergy, inflammation or infection can give rise to such bumps on the face. It is best to consult a dermatologist and get examined. I hope it helps.
Best wishes!
Thanks for your reply, I made an appointment to my dermatologist, lets see what she says.