Fibromyalgia came back.
After several years without fibromyalgia affecting me. had knee surgery in Dec.  Followed by more pain than I expected.  After about a month began to have fibromyalgia symptoms.  Now at 3 months, fibro has taken over my body.  I have to do required exercises & stretched, but have pain in my muscles after even a short period of exercise.  How can I deal with this?

I developed fibromyalgia after enduring a battle to stay alive after having Pseudomonas and osteomyletis , from having a heel spur removed.  I was on 7 IV infusions per day of what my dr called, "Kill or cure" antibiotics.  I endured this for 9 months at which time the latest biopsies were clear.  At this time both the surgeon, (did 3 osteo surgeries ) & the Infection Disease Dr.  told me, that they didn't have hope I would survive. But I did & instead of improving I paid the price required for surviving 9 months of extreme stress.  I began having strange symptoms - insomnia, extreme fatigue  
I had pain everywhere in my body.  How could that be, I was too fatigued to exercise.  I also thought I was losing my mind.  I developed hard lumps in my muscles - found out they were trigger points.  My
Doctor concluded I had stress induced Fibromyalgia.  

I tried all the ineffective meds, tried to exercise and the pain in my muscles quickly stopped that plan.  I tried more useless prescriptions.  My case was like most fibro patients - frustration complicated with pain, fatigue and inability to remember anything.  Through the years I retried this formula but bit by bit, I could do exercise for a few minute, every other day.  After years of slowing increased exercise, I began feeling better.  After a few more years, I thought fibromylgia was gone - cured, never to bother me again.  But I was wrong.  I had a Total Knee Replacement surgery 3 months ago.  The pain was much more than I expected, and for 2 months I felt I was living in a pain filled world.  And, again, I restarted insomnia, pain in every place in my body.  

When I tried to do the exercises necessary to rehab my knee, the pain was greater than I could stand, and I had all these strange things happening to me.  My physical Therapist recognized the symptoms as Fibro, and expressed it to me.  At first I doubted, then old fibro memories of how I felt came back to me, and I had to admit he was right.  Again, a stressful experience had reactivated Fibromyalgia.  

So here I am, having all the symptoms the rest of you do, and the pain of exercise needed to rehab my knee has delayed or stopped my recovery.  

Has anyone else had a repeat bout of fibro after being free from it for several years.  Is it as bad, as it was the first time.  I think it is just as difficult as it was the first time - Only I am much older, and wonder if I still have the determination to exercise enough to put the Fibro back into a dormant state?