Fibromyalgia/eyesight
Can Fibromyalgia affect eye sight?  My mother has fibromyalgia and is complaining that her eye sight is blurry and eyes feel strained.  Closing her eyes make them feel better. We have had her eyes examined  and we are told everything is fine.

my eyesight started to get blurry only after i started taking the meds that cause that kind of side affect.
nuerontin,
norco,
dilaudid, etc.

check that out, maybe it's the meds.
moesqueen
Yes, Fibromyalgia can affect your mother's eyesight. I have fibromyalgia and I read that the problems with eyesight are due to the nervous system, which is the centre of sensitivity in the body.Contact lenses can cause pain and irritation, while wearing glasses can trigger mysofacial trigger points (TrPs) in the face and the neck. Pain can also be experienced in the ears, teeth and nose.

FMS can also lead to the production of a thick secretion, which subsequently impacts vision.

Night driving can be dangerous for those with FMS, as they often have trouble seeing the lights of oncoming cars. Eye exercises are also be helpful in determining whether your vision problems are a result of FMS. Put one hand on your head above your forehead; then attempt to look at your hand. Pain indicates that your TrPs are especially sensitive. Then, continuing to look up at your hand, look out from the upper corner of each eye separately.

Medications are also usually prescribed to treat eyesight complications; guaifenesin (which liquefies mucus) is a uricosuric drug that helps the treatment of FMS because it helps expel uric acid from the body.