Fibromyalgia with Diplopia
Has anyone else experienced chronic vertical double vision with their fibrolmyalgia?  I've had fibromyalgia for 14 years and double vision since 2006 and none of my small-town doctors know why.  My eyes are extremely puffed up under my eyebrows too.  Is this another fibromyalgia symptom or is it something else?
It might be something to do with an eye thyroid problem.
Blurred vision is but I don't think double is.  Have you had things like lyme disease and MS ruled out?
hello i dont get double vision just the blured vition and the mist though i have been gettin really puffy eyes myself also very bruised purple and yellow at times. i to was advised to get a anti-body thyroid count, i did tell my gp but he put it down to the anti deps, but it happend still when i came of the meds. i was also advised on here it maybe a reaction, what i first thought? still none the wiser why as my doctors a ***. hope you get some answers good luck
zz
Thankyou for your answers, I never thought of being checked for MS but I think I've been checked for lyme and allergy has been ruled out too.  I'm wondering about the thyroid answer too, my TSH was 2 last fall (within range) but my test was done right after I ate lunch so I'm wondering if that might have skewed the test and made it less accurate?  I've never had any other thyroid hormone tests so I think that's what I'll ask my doctor for next.  This double vision is really scaring me!
I would think a visit to a neurologist would be in order.  It is not normal to have double vision.  Does your doctor know about this?  I had a full neuro work-up to rule out MS as FMS and MS have similar symptoms.  Not saying you have MS but all other diseases should be ruled out before a diagnosis of FMS is made.