Fibromyaligia
Hello -

I have Fibromyaligia and I believe I have had it for years but I was diagnosed about 6 months ago.  I have been trying to get on SSD because I can't work and my life is going to hell in a hand basket and now my doctor wants me to tell him how to write my SSD letter. Has anyone out there in Cyber world who has these disabilities been on or on SSD?  Can anyone help me write this letter?  I feel so helpless and stress makes my symptoms worse.

I am so sick all the time, I can barely go anywhere.  When I do go to the store or doctors or anywhere else I am only good for approximately 3o to 60 minutes before I am deathly sick.  I don't understand all of this, I just want to get better.

Well, the way my doctor wrote my letter it was like this.  To whom it may concern,
I have known this patient since _____. She suffers from fibromyalgia and __________ plus _____________. (I had multiple problems) Your doctor may want to add what you can and cannot do here.  
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Sincerely,

Dr. so and so
--------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you have good docmentation because the doctor will have to send copies of your medical records over.

It helps to have several doctors so you can have records sent from them. This way Social Security will know you are suffering from multiple problems.

From what I hear from people who were granted SSI, they all said it's imparative that you get a lawyer.  If you don't have a lawyer you probably will be turned down according to them.  They also said that it is very common to get turned down the first time so be persistant & get a lawyer.  

Also, have been watching Mystery Diagnosis on Discovery Health Chanel and so many people who have been suffering for years have been passed off as suffering from mental illness or fibromyalgia when in fact they had illness much more severe.  I wish everyone would watch this show.  These poor people had to go to a lot of doctors till they found the one who was willing to dig in and find the real cause of their sickness.  
yes that is true i am on ssi and you need a lawyer if u want to get it if u need more info let me know. it took me 4 year to get it. yes this is true u do get turned down the first time.
one thing to remember, when you file for SSD, 80% are automatically denied the first time around.  It is imparative that you file an appeal. Why?  Because if they still turn you down and you file years later, there is a chance you can get paid backpay to the date your first filed.  Most people don't know that.  
Also, for example, when you go into the doctor and tell him you are depressed.  He will write in the notes, "patient says he is depressed."  this is bad because the patient is making the diagnosis.  Rather, tell the doctor you just don't feel like getting out of bed.  The doctor then writes in the notes that patient says he doesn't feel like getting out of bed.  Then the doctor writes down a diagnosis of depression. Then the diagnosis is coming from the doctor not the patient.  Be very careful how you do things.  It is always helpful to get statements from family members or someone who knows of your condition. Just something to think about.