Frequent Spine "Chills"/spasms/mini seizure??
I am diagnose with Fibro and I have increasingly frequent "chills" that originate at base of spine and run up toward my neck.  They render me useless for a few seconds after and before and sometimes other, random, twitching occurs with it, ie eye lid spasms or bladder/etc contractions...I know I also have IC (chronic bladder inflammation) but have lost my insurance and cannot treat it further but the increase in frequency recently is concerning me.  Could this be associated with FM or IC and are these (as one person I know said happened to them) be the early symptoms of mini seizures, as the other person now has.  I have had single ones a few times a week for years but in the recent past they have quickly changed to a few times daily (say past 6 months).  I take tramadol and (generic) soma currently and the trams seem to be lessoning effectiveness as well so any help in that direction would be appreciated.  Out of Denver area and my rheumotologist refuses to use anything but OTC ibprophen or tramadol and I have not idea what else are good treatments for the pain...it sure stinks when pain is so bad every morning I cannot pick up my toddler son :(
Hi, I too have fibromyalgia. I suffered greatly with this condition. I had chills, neck pain, back pain, everywhere pain, fatigue, headaches, bladder spasms and infections, vaginal infections and so on. After seeing many, many doctors my Endocrinologis was the one who discovered I had insulin resistance (also called metabolic syndrome) She also discovered inflammation of the thyroid and reactive hypoglycemia. These two conditions she believes were caused by the insulin resistance along with the fibro. Here is a web site that explains why.
www.naturalchoicesforyou.com/site/680805/page/219656
My endocrinologist put me on medication (metformin)to help my body become more sensitive to my insulin, a strict diet and moderate exercise. If you need help with what kind of diet, message me. This regimen has helped me greatly and I am more than half way to being my normal self again. My pain and fatigue has dropped tremendously. Contact me if you need more information.