Gabapentin
Iv ad a BAD weekend and my sisters friend who has sufferd with fibro for 11 years, advised me try gabapentin as she swears by it making her much better. Has anybody tried this medication? she also says to use sea kelp?

hope your all doin well

zz
I tried Neurontin, in lieu of Lyrica.  I found I couldn't take it as it made me feel worse (as if hit by the flu and very lethargic.)

It does work with great results for some though and it's cheaper than Lyrica.  I wish it had worked for me, but have heard good stories from others.

Hope you are doing well too.
Thanks vab, maybe its not for me then as its all in my head now and i need somethink to wake and shake me, its like my heads velcroed to the pillow!!! and the depretion well we wont even go there i will enquire to my doctor but i figured latley am more knowledgable about my illness now then he is.

keepin the chin up

zz
You're quite welcome.  I can honesty say that if you take Neurontin or Lyrica it will not help the fog...it will make it worse as that seems to be a side-effect.  That's one reason I opted to discontinue the Lyrica.  

If you are looking for something to help with the pain of FMS, Cymbalta is an antidep that I found quite effective.  

I sure understand what you mean...I could use some of that "wake and shake" too!  

Bracing my chin up, lol.
I take 300 mg of Gabapentin 3 x a day and it helps my fibro quite a bit..I can't take lyrica, my hands and feet swell, I also take meloxicam 7.5 mg 2 x a day ...good luck
I too took gabapentin and had a side effect that I did not expect...it affected mt IBS....my gastro dr said to stop it and that es it was the gabapentin that caused the issues and since I had IBS it should not have been rx'd.

Everyone is diff so what works for one may not work the same for the next...and the same goes with side affects.

Good luck
"selma"
This web site maybe more efficient for solicting comments on efficacy of drugs, but doens't appear to be moderated.

http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=20235&name=NEURONTIN

A good research article I read indicated ~ 1 point reduction in pain level (mean of population), which was similar to Nortriptylene. I don't have info on Lyrica.  

I experience ~ 1 point level reduction on Gabapentin which makes things a bit more bearable. IIRC, 900mg daily was the mean dose. I take 1500 mg.

I have developed stomach issues that I don't think are related to gabapentin, but not sure.