Fibromyalgia Community
HOW DO I GET MY LEGS BACK?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HOW DO I GET MY LEGS BACK?

i am 24 and losing strenth in my legs every day down to fibromyalgia and i was hoping someone here went through the same thing and would let me know how to get it back. Is there any pilates dvd's that would help or any other type of dvd?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
620923_tn?1405964489
have u tried aqua therapy?....I had a brace on my right leg after surgery and had atrophy of the muscles......I was sent to PT with the aqua added to the mix and I was able to rebuild the muscles....and it was quite enjoyable as far as PT and enjoyable goes......

u may also want to get small weights that strap to ur ankles to help get tone back.

check with ur dr, and ask if he will rx it.

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"
Blank
665125_tn?1273027524
I must agree with SelmaS, I too tried the "Aqua Therapy",  very benefical!

After I finish with the "Aqua Therapy" at PT.  My doctor and my therapist told me that warm water arobics is excellent for those whom suffer from Fibromyalgia.  We too need to have regular exercise, or we will lose muscle strength.  One must start out slow and don't over do it, as I did, I tried to keep up with the others, big mistake!

I attempted the regular warm water arobics a couple of years ago.  You most likely will not be able to keep up with the ones in a regular class.  I know, I tried it.   I not only could not keep up I also began getting more intense flare ups.

It is best to take a class designed for seniors or for the disabled.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...