Fibromyalgia Community
Has anyone had tongue pain with fibromyalgia?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

I have a temporary crown in my mouth which is slightly rough.  It needs to be left on for another 3 months after 2 months already due to needing my gum surgery to heal first.  Don't know why my tongue hurts otherwise?

Any help would be appreciated.
A few possibilities.
1. Stress. Take Vitamin B complex and distress.
2. Undue pressure and biting tongue (in  your sleep and or when awake)
Use mouth guard at night, pay attention during the day.
3.  PH levels, yeast and bacteria ( not enough good, too many bad)
Eat yogurt, do "Oil pulling" with extra virgin coconut oil every morning.
get details at the coconut research center website. Do a raw unrefined sea salt and water gargle daily.
Hope this helps.
Blessing,
Niko
Niko,
Thanks for your response.  I'm curious if the remedies in #3. are known to specifically help tongue pain?  Have others had tongue pain that have been helped with those?  Or are the suggestions just for pain in general?

Yes, I see that stress could be a factor, but don't think I'm under more stress than usual, in fact less than usual.  I already take extra B vitamins.  I haven't liked wearing mouth guards in the past, but out of desperation I asked the dentist if I could wear something over my temporary crown where I've had the gum surgery.  I was told NO, it would impede the healing.  I'm not sure if the salt wash would be a problem to my gum surgery healing.

I did appreciate you giving me some advice.

Sara
Salt will help the gums heal faster. It is an ancient remedy.
Coconut Oil pulling will remove billions of harmful bacteria and toxins from the oral cavity including the tongue. The salt gargle will increase the PH levels and the yogurt will improve the healthy bacteria balance.
Consuming  coconut oil  (EVCO) will help with any yeast issues as it is a very powerful  anti-fungal agent. Use 2T daily in place of other fats or oils
and build up to 4T daily in 2 weeks. Ask your dentist to fit you with a spacer-
to be set over your teeth in the lower jaw and AWAY from the crown for night time use. This way you won't be able to close your jaws and bite your tongue while sleeping.
Be careful with hidden stress. It is something that can elude anyone.
Do frequent deep breathing from the nostrils in a 7"-2"-7" sequence for 5 minutes minimum each time to remedy this plus many other benefits!
This is a comprehensive treatment for your issues.
Just give it some time to experience improvement.
Wishing you well!
Niko
Niko,

Thanks for the detail.

Sara