Fibromyalgia Community
Has anyone taken gabapentin for a while, then become sensative to side ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Has anyone taken gabapentin for a while, then become sensative to side effects

Im not sure if this is possible and I wasn't sure where to post this question. But I have been on gabapentin since I was 16 (28) now and I don't remember ever having sleepy side effects with it, plus ive been on it & haven't changed the dose in years. I was originally put on it for a mood stabilizer and not pain. But im not sure if they are changing the way the med is made or the generics or what but with this refill It seems like it really drugs me up to the point I will fall asleep if I sit down more than 5 min. Is it possible to suddenly become sensitive to a medications side effects after yrs of taking it, or if they change up the appearance of the pill? I even did a little experiment bc I take pain meds too and I didn't take my gabapentin with my pain meds this morning and so I was fine until I took half the dose of my gabapentin. I also started last week taking the name brand Seroquel after taking the generic for a few months bt I only take that at night so im just trying to figure this out bc I cant keep working like this. normallyi wake up & by mid morning the meds that make me sleepy normally fade away. So anyway if any1 knows that would be great! Thanks
Gabapentin may cause drowsiness or dizziness. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. his medicine can cause drowsiness, clumsiness, and trouble walking.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.