Fibromyalgia Community
Have any of you ever been told you have cervical dystonia?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Hi, I am new to this forum.  I was diagnosed about 5 years ago with fibro, after doctors trying o find what caused my severe pain, achiness, headaches, and fatigue.  I also suffer from RA, degenerative disc disease, chronic migraines, meniere's disease, diverticulitis, and now the latest diagnosis today was cervical dystonia???  what is wrong with us?  I live in beautiful sunny arizona, and could never cope with the cold like I have read many of you do, but find that it is not just cold that triggers me, but even windy days.... and Lord knows we get a lot of wind in southeastern Arizona.  I hae also run in to the doctors that think that fibro is nothing but a load of bs...so you are not alone with this.  I have recently been blessed with a chronic pain management PA though who is a fibro specialist.  How some doctors can say that this is not a real diagnosis is beyond me.  Studies in rats with FIBRO have shown how the nerves over react and magnify pain levels.  My degenerative disease has caused me to have to have lumbar and cervical fusions, and the pain is so bad that I have to take morphine sulfate to function.  But at least on a drug regimine of the ms, muscle relaxers and lyrica, I was starting to actually have good days when I could go fishing, or enjoy the  grandkids.  I am getting much worse though......had an ongoing headache for 17 days.  I thought it was a migraine but nothing helped....now my neurologist says I have this cervical dsytonia where the muscles are in constant spasm causing the migraines.  Some days I feel like WHAT ELSE LORD??? wasn't one diagnosis enough, now I have 7 ???  But these spasms seem an awful lot like the ones my son gets with his mild cerebral palsy but his are in his legs.....I take lots of supplements, vitamins, minerals, use chiropractor, massage.....sometimes it seems like it will never end...now have to get botox injections in neck and head?? anyone else gone through this, seems scary.
Get tested for food allergies, particularly gluten.  There are causes for autoimmune diseases, but it seems like they won't look for the root cause.  

Great article:  

http://www.foundationforpn.org/livingwithperipheralneuropathy/causes/neurologicalsymptomsceliacdisease.cfm