Fibromyalgia Community
Have any of you ever been told you have cervical dystonia?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Hi, I am new to this forum.  I was diagnosed about 5 years ago with fibro, after doctors trying o find what caused my severe pain, achiness, headaches, and fatigue.  I also suffer from RA, degenerative disc disease, chronic migraines, meniere's disease, diverticulitis, and now the latest diagnosis today was cervical dystonia???  what is wrong with us?  I live in beautiful sunny arizona, and could never cope with the cold like I have read many of you do, but find that it is not just cold that triggers me, but even windy days.... and Lord knows we get a lot of wind in southeastern Arizona.  I hae also run in to the doctors that think that fibro is nothing but a load of bs...so you are not alone with this.  I have recently been blessed with a chronic pain management PA though who is a fibro specialist.  How some doctors can say that this is not a real diagnosis is beyond me.  Studies in rats with FIBRO have shown how the nerves over react and magnify pain levels.  My degenerative disease has caused me to have to have lumbar and cervical fusions, and the pain is so bad that I have to take morphine sulfate to function.  But at least on a drug regimine of the ms, muscle relaxers and lyrica, I was starting to actually have good days when I could go fishing, or enjoy the  grandkids.  I am getting much worse though......had an ongoing headache for 17 days.  I thought it was a migraine but nothing helped....now my neurologist says I have this cervical dsytonia where the muscles are in constant spasm causing the migraines.  Some days I feel like WHAT ELSE LORD??? wasn't one diagnosis enough, now I have 7 ???  But these spasms seem an awful lot like the ones my son gets with his mild cerebral palsy but his are in his legs.....I take lots of supplements, vitamins, minerals, use chiropractor, massage.....sometimes it seems like it will never end...now have to get botox injections in neck and head?? anyone else gone through this, seems scary.
Get tested for food allergies, particularly gluten.  There are causes for autoimmune diseases, but it seems like they won't look for the root cause.  

Great article:  

http://www.foundationforpn.org/livingwithperipheralneuropathy/causes/neurologicalsymptomsceliacdisease.cfm
Hi,  I have fibro and cervical dystonia, I was diagnosed with fibro 6 years ago then my head starting having horrible tremors and I couldn't keep my head up with such pain in my neck and headaches.  I have yes' and no's and I get botox shots, I just got some today.  The shots aren't really that bad but if you have tremors and your head tremors like you're saying no, they can help with that they can't get rid of the yes tremors, it is too dangerous as would probably have trouble with swallowing.  It's a horrible disease, both are.  I never believed in Fibro but I guess I don't have any choice now.  My fibro is just getting worse and I have great problems with meds, I get great depression so I have no relief.  Good luck and you are not alone.  I also have grandchildren, I am 54 and I can't work, I've been out of work for 2 and half years, the whole thing is devastating.  Does any medicines help you besides the morphine uulfate
When I did read your article, IT was just as I heard myself complaining about my multi-diagnose that only started with two diseases: artrosis and fibro...
Concerning the medication you're talking about, we are taking the Same dtugs...
I can not help you, just listen to our fear and answering you that IT seems that fibro caches us a lot of hidden diseases that manifestate themselves sooner or later.
But the MAIN problems in our society seems to be most of the time the stupid, arrogant and almost childish behaviour of the doctors. WETHER IT ARE SPECIALISTS, CHIRURGIAN
Or just family doctors.
They can't stop  com paring us to psychiatrist patients and this makes me really feel as if I was just inventing this complicate disease. The last years I just become very angry when this happens
and I don't stay polite anymore but I answer those doctors that they wouldn't ask me to go visit a psychatrist when I should stand in front of him with a broken leg, f. e,.
Just as you,  I'm diagnosed to be a MENIERE patiënt and just as you I must take morphine patches.
I have to fight against severe hip-, knee and cervical pains.
A big scoliosis makes that I constantly feel the TERRIBELY pain in my lower back.
For the moment I have no energy at all and if I should let me go completely, I just should stay in my bed for ever...

And no, the doctors don't tel you in a first time which other illnesses...because none of hem knows a good cure or good drugs for this very complicated fybromiagia...

IT is Now 17 years that I try to find a solutionfor myself to make my life become a bit better, but Here, in the South OF FRANCE, where everything goes slower than in Par is or high er than Paris, I can only think at one efficiënt solution.
And this is moving away and try to find a country where OR, a university is realy making a priority in the study and evolution of fibromyalgia, OR, move to a countrywhere the quality of live itself is more healthfull to me in all aspects of live itself.

I shall try to comment your request more explicit tomorrow, because my fingers are hurting too much now. At least, if you want me to continue my story or answer...