Have you had your Uric Acid Checked?
Uric Acid connected to symptoms of cardiovascular disease, spasticity and involuntary movements of muscles, cognitive retardation (fibro fog), arthritis, kidney stones, abdominal pain, hypertension and more. These symptoms sound familiar to anyone? Uric acid is connected to oxidative stress, which is caused by an imbalance between the production of reactive oxygen and a biological system's ability to readily detoxify the reactive intermediates or easily repair the resulting damage. Disturbance in this normal redox state can cause toxic effects through the production of peroxides and free radicals that damage all components of cells, including protiens, lipids and DNA. Uric Acid is increased by diet of high fructose intake (corn syrup) and purines found in high amounts or animal food products. Check your diets, my husband drank alot of Mountain Dew and likes to hunt. He reports feeling much better after stopping pops, but still refuses to eat vegges and fruits.

Excellent question. Per Dr. Paul Cheney.... CFS patients have a very low uric acid level, sometimes the result that many MS patients have.
Do you have to specifically ask for a uric acid test?
I am showing MS like symptoms....Scary. I am doing research and am finding that it seems there are more than a few things wrong.
I had a urea nitrogen test, is that sufficient???

Hi ! The test you probably had was a BUN (blood urea nitrogen).

You do have to ask your physician to order a uric acid level test.

I hope this helps !