Have you tried antiviral medications?
Hello everyone.  As the title goes, have you? Has it helped?  In what ways/how much?

This is related to the test mentioned on my thread:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Thyroid-Disorders/CFS-test-in-Australia----what-is-it/show/1230488?personal_page_id=1012978#post_5634849

And here is an article about the experimental test and successfully using antiviral medicines for CFS:
http://chronic-fatigue-syndrome.suite101.com/article.cfm/cfsme_and_retroviruses
I know of one person who has XMRV who is being treated with an antiviral. She was being treated with an HIV antiviral called Zidovudine. Many doctors are not comfortable at this point with treating XMRV at all though. She is a lucky one. Perhaps you will get more answers from the community.
Has she been feeling better from the treatment?
I have been living with a-bacteriological prostatitis for more than 20 years
After many years of taking loads of antibiotics, and NSAID's medication,all without any result or change in my illness, I had a remarkabel almost 100% recovery with hiv medication of my infected prostate.This was in july 2009 last year.
All my symptoms where gone!!! in 2 to 3 days after I started taking the hiv medication cocktail !! (symptoms I had for years and years and wich became worse and worse over the years) The medication was a cocktail of Isentress,Norvir,prezista and Intellence.
The reason of this treatment was an unsafe sexual contact, so I went to the University Clinic where they gave me this treatment for 1 month as a precaution/prevention of a possible hiv infection.
After this one month treatment was finished ,all of my symptoms came back.I was back in hell.
I had some pills left, so I tried again, but in 4 times lesser dose, and yes, again my symptoms disappeared.
I told my dokters there was a connection between the medication and my so called a-bacterial prostatitis.(virus, xmrv?)They where in disbelieve and dismised me!!!!????
Not having this medication anymore, turned my life back to a living hell !!
April the 1 th 2010 I read on the internet the article of Ila Singh, M.D. Ph.D. That they probably found connection between retro virus infection in prostate and possible treatment with hiv medication.
The medication worked for my horrible illness that destroys my life on all levels, and i realy hope there will be a solution very soon. I would rather live my life with the medication, that make me symptom free and gave me back my life , than live in hell 24/7
Kind regards
Lucas