Fibromyalgia Community
Headaches, Backaches, etc PLEASE RESPOND?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Hi Im 17 and I was put on sedatives not too long ago for stress and anxiety. Lately I have been having VERY TERRIBLE, and at times crippling, lower back pain. I have been having HORRIBLE shoulder pain for almost two years, Ive been having slight chest pain and heaviness as well as palpitations. My muscles have been tight and sore for no reason, im tired ALL the time, and today I found it very difficult to do simple tasks. I got dizzy and had a terrible headache. Ive been having awful headaches for the past few weeks. Pressure in head thats worse when I bend down or cough, Im sensitive to light and loud noises irritate me and make it worse. somtimes my head and face get this tingling feeling and Ill have pain under my eyes and on my cheek bones and the bridge of my nose. Ill have shooting pains, like an ice pick headache on occasions, and I sometimes ill have chronic pain. My wrists hurt often and my hands fall asleep for no reason. I wake up often in the night and once I wake up early in the morning its hard to go back to sleep. I have pain in my neck and I just feel like im hurting everywhere. My periods come every three weeks and i get very testy and irritable and they are quite painful...I looked fibro up online and it seems like I have a lot of the symptoms...but im still not sure. Im scared that I may have a tumor or something may be very very wrong. Please respond??
Has your doctor considered that you might have Fibro? Has he/she considered sending you to an Endocrinologist or a Neurologist? I would try there first before going to the Rheumatologist. The heart palpitations and the issues with your menstruation make me think there might be something hormonal going on, but I am no doctor. You could have Fibro, but I would talk with your Primary Doctor about how bad the other symptoms are. Good luck.
-Dusty