Fibromyalgia Community
Heart Palpitations

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Heart Palpitations

Does anyone know if CFS causes bad heart palps?
Yes, it is a very common symptom. It can be caused by low potassium, magnesium or sometimes a thyroid condition can go hand in hand with FM and CFS. You may want to look into these. I have low potassium and I have thyroid disease in my family.
Yes, I have FMD and also a gammet of other problems including hypothyroidism,
Many times & for years I can have very throbbing heart palpatations.  At times it feels like my heart might burst or pop right out of my chest,  It can hurt also.
Sometimes when I am stressed and not that aware of it - I get almost panic attack feelings and then that follows.
Hope it helps
I don't believe CFS actually causes heart palpitations; the other issues that go along with CFS are the causes. All people around the world have premature beats which is what causes the palpitations. All of the heart cells have the ability to 'fire' off impulses; it a natural backup sysytem for the SA and AV Nodes for the heart.
Yes, I get palpitations and sometimes missed beats.  Magnesium does seem to help.  Magnesium also helps in preventing stiff muscles (cutting down caffeine also helps muscle stiffness, if you indulge).