Hello
My name is Jennifer. I am a 36 year old single parent of four children. Currently I am attending as a 3rd year student of psychology - almost done! I have suffered from chronic pain for the last five years. I lost my medical insurance, and my job, due to budget cuts in Washington state two years ago. Upon my last visit to my doctor he stated, "Jennifer I think that you have fibromyalgia." He then wrote me some prescriptions for pain and sent me on my way. I have since moved to California, although I am still unemployed, I do have insurance. I would like to figure out whether or not I do have fibro and if so what can I do about it? It is frustrating to be a young parent but not to be able to keep up with my children physically. Also after finding a medication regimen that works for me I seem to have to start at ground zero which means that my pain is at an all time high while these Dr.'s here try to treat me for other things, including the old "it's all in your head lecture." It's nice to meet you all...

Jennifer
Hey Jennifer,
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles and suffering.
I wish we could all "meet" here, under better circumstances.
Nevertheless, we're here to give and receive support and suggestions,
and also share our experiences (good or bad).
Please take your time to read the various comments in this Community.
I'm usually resourceful ( most of my recommendations are  usually  natural and holistic or alternative), so do not hesitate to ask any questions, anytime.
As a Psych. student, you may be interested to read my recent reply to: Shortness of Breath lead to Fibromyalgia diagnosis??
Take care.
Blessings,
Nikodicreta
Thank you for welcoming me. Reading through the various postings gave me the courage to join. I feel like I am with a group of people who understand what I am going through. It is so tuff to be so young mentally and feel like an elderly person physically! I really liked your reply to "Shortness of Breath Lead to Fibro...". I look forward to talking with you and everyone else more throughout our journey's in the future.

Thanks,
Jenn