Fibromyalgia Community
Hello....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Hello....

My name is Melissa. I am 21 years old and just today found out what is causing all of these issues I have been having. My doctor informed me that I do, indeed have Fibromyalgia. I am still trying to find a way to deal with this, being that these problems have slowed me down in what I normally enjoy doing. It didn't cross my mind that this is why I was getting worn out just trying to get out of bed, and get ready for work. I definitely couldn't understand what was going on that was making me not be so active during the day... and everyday tasks are completely exhausting for me to do. I can not get enough sleep for the life of me.... and then today he determines it is due to Fibromyalgia. I know this is it for life....and I am worried that I will not be able to lead my normal life that I was once accustomed to. :(
Hey Melissa,
Welcome to the forum.
Please do not buy into this belief.
There are approaches that can really help with Fibro. I know!
Please check my replies to various posts in this FMS Community.
You are young and have a full life ahead of you.
You CAN get better.
I will offer you more suggestions next month as I'm going away for a few weeks.
Blessings and stay strong.
Nikodicreta
pay special attention to Nikodicreta's Lyme and Infectious Mycoplasma postings.  If not, read mine.  Fibro is 99% Mycoplasma infection.
I am sorry you are having a hard time with your diagnosis. As far as I know, there are meds out there to help you to function from day to day life with Fibromyalgia. Also I hear there are great support groups online and I am sure in your area as well. The biggest thing for you is to figure out what stressors affect it and try to cut those out of your life...I know that may be slightly hard at 21 ...believe me...having a medical issues at 24 myself...I know how hard it can be when you are constantly told this is the 'prime' of your life! Take it slow, and let the diagnosis sink in...take time off for medical reasons if you need to for a little bit to get adjusted to living with this. Good luck to you!
Dr put me on cymbalta for it. Its helping a little w the pain a little bit but it definitely is still there. As for taking off of work, that's not possible. I work 84 hours a week, I did cut back from 91.5 hours a week. I don't have health insurance or any prescription coverage so I really have to work to not only pay the bills but also the 200 for my medicine a month. I have been trying to take it day by day with everything, still each day I am waking up with no energy at all. Getting a new bed this weekend to see if that will help out any at all