Fibromyalgia Community
Help! Do you know whats wrong?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Help! Do you know whats wrong?

I'm 16 years old. For 4 years now I have had stomach problems. I wake up in the morning from nausea, not long after i get diarrhea, my whole pelvic area feels like its in knots, along with my abdomen. Most of the time i will retch for about 20 minutes throwing up white foam or stomach bile. Up until the middle of the day i feel really week, have no appetite, and cant eat without getting nauseous. Throughout the day i get horrible pains in my upper right quadrant. Underneath my right rib cage. my joints are always sore, and my right side of my back and shoulder, (parallel to my gallbladder), gets really sore with a hot stinging sensation. I have been to a GI doctor and had 2 upper endoscopy's, a flex sig, and a colon endoscopy. Nothing came back besides ulcers. I had a hyda scan done, and my gallbladder is functioning correctly. I also had an xray to check for malrotation, which was negative. I have been checked for celiac disease and crohns but nothing showed. I also have a low grade fever every day. Can someone please give me some direction as to what this could be?
Maybe PID?  pelvic inflammatory disease
what tests did your doctor run for celiac disease?
Besides kevieb's line of questioning, which I already understand where he is going, so I'll leave that line of questioning to him, have you been tested for Epstein Barr Virus?  Also, have you had anyone check you for Lyme's disease?  (You certainly do not always have to have a deer tick bite that looks like a bull's eye for you to have Lyme's.)  The reason I'm thinking of Epstein Barr or Lyme's is because of the low grade fever you have all the time.  To me that suggests a chronic virus or bacterial infection.  

Lyme's is a bacterial infection, but it is a special kind, because the little bacteria have a way of shielding themselves with a hard outer shell and a way of hiding in other cells, so antibiotics don't seem to get all the little bacteria.  I know two people with Lyme's who definitely know more than I do about this, and this is really just the simplified explanation about why Lyme's is so hard to completely cure.

Epstein Barr is a bit more tricky because as my own doctor explained, everyone has antibodies from Epstein Barr.  But, you seem to have some kind of an active infection, so it seems reasonable to suggest testing for Epstein Barr.  Also, I would suggest posting your question on both the Epstein Barr forum and the Lyme's Disease forum, because these people would certainly know more.  

i guess i should let you all know that i'm really a "she"  i just always use my husbands name because it is easier to remember the same screen name instead of coming up with a zillion different ones!!!

the reason i asked about the celiac testing is because not all doctors do the right testing for celiac.
If you suspect celiac why not go on a celiac diet and see if it helps. Won't hurt you to do that for a month.