Fibromyalgia Community
Help and Questions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Help and Questions

Hello everybody.. I am new to this forum.  I am a 34 year old mother of 2.  Almost 2 years ago, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia along with trigeminal neuralgia.  My doctor has given me Lyrica and Savella and it seems as though the medication was helping but, the medication does not help with the severe pain and the severe pain episodes that I am having.... The pain gets so unbearable that I just roll around and cry.... I have been do the emergency room so many times for the pain and not being able to sleep or lay down... The ER doctors can only give me pain medications to help ease the pain and get me to sleep.... But, when I seem to go talk to my rheumotologist and my primary care doctor that they really give me nothing to help with the severe pain episodes...  

What can I do about this??  Are there any suggestions someone can give me to help with the pain and lack of sleep?  Are there any suggestions of things I should ask my doctor or communicate to my doctor to help him understand the severity my pain...

My fibromyalgia and trigeminal neuralgia has gotten so bad that I can not work....

Any suggestions??????
Hey loveonly76.

I can feel your suffering through your words. Hang in there.
Please go to my 2nd reply to the post titled " Hello" in this Fibro/CFS community.
  May 20,21
You may find some useful info there. It is more a medium to long term approach.
You can ask your Dr. about it, if he's up with the new research.
For more immediate pain relief , there's something natural/holistic that works better than most pain meds.
Please post at the alternative therapies or message me directly (forum rules,sorry).
  I have friends that I've recommended a few things for fibro, all with good results.
  Stay strong and God Bless you! You will get better.
  Nikodicreta
You need to contact www.ilads.org to match your symptoms to Lymes.  Fibro patients nearly always test positive for Lymes disease.  Labcorp/quest tests are very insensative.  research the Bowen Q-Ribb test for Lymes and IGENEX labs.  Check out Jemseck Specialty Clinic's website for info.  No standard medical Dr, including an ID Dr,  will be able to figure out a chronic intracellular bacterial infection.