Fibromyalgia Community
Help please

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Help please

I've been having numbness and dizzy feel like I am in a fog. I started a new job and struggling remembering things. Also I wake up hurting and I can't stand smells and loud noises. My brain fog is getting worse. I also have anxiety and it is getting worse.  I have to search for simple words that I know but can't connect it as fast anymore.

I am being checked by a neurologist on June 20. But I'm not sure that I am being sent in the correct direction. I had an MRI of the brain done and they did find something but I don't think it is anything to be worried about.
Also I had a traumatic event 11 years ago. My daughter was killed.

Any advise would be wonderful
Your trauma from the loss of your daughter is possibly the main source of your physical issues.

Traumatic events affect us mainly through sustained negative emotions,
elevated stress levels and of course their physical consequences.

The loss of a child is probably the most devastating event in one's life.
I cannot imagine the amount of pain you must have suffered.
Did you get any therapy and grief counselling and did it help you somewhat deal with it?

Anyway, my feeling is that your present condition is similar to PTSD
and any attempts to treat it through conventional medicine will only help temporarily at the symptom level.

Energy Medicine based Therapy, Hypnotherapy & Spiritual Psychotherapy
are likely to succeed better in dealing effectively with such deeply rooted issues than CBT or other conventional therapy  , in my opinion.

If you need more information on this, please let me know.
You may pm me if you prefer.

This is not intended as a substitute for medical advice.

Best wishes!
Niko
I don't have any answers for you, but I can identify with how you are feeling. I have horrible fog. I feel like people must think I'm an idiot have the time cuz I stop mid sentence and can't think of the words I'm looking for. Extremely frustrating. I also have had bouts of dizziness & numbness in my ears. I had all kinds of tests. MRI, CT of neck, some crazy test where they pour water in your ears & check your equilibrium. They found nothing. It gets better sometimes, then worse. I think it's stress & anxiety making the fibro symptoms more intense. You are not alone.