Fibromyalgia Community
Hemifacial Spasms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Hemifacial Spasms

I do have fibromyalgia and have had it for years.  New symptoms keep popping up and when the doctor has no clue they put it in what I call the "fibromyalgia basket".  Has anyone been told they have "hemifacial spasms"?  If yes, what are your symptoms and what are they doing for it.  Or, does anyone have what looks like bell's palsy (but the eye is ok), but isn't?  Thanks
    I'm sory I've never heard of it but I hope it won't last long and I hope your ok
Thank you for responding.  In July I will have had this "hemifacial spasm" for a year.  The neuro doctor told me to look it up on the internet and let her know if that's what I think I have.  Bell's Palsy was ruled out. I did have an MRI and it showed about 7 white spots.  In the meantime my mouth, the corner stays up, I'm dizzy/veritgo and my legs are feeling unsteady.  I go back to neuro in June.  What I have read about "hemifacial spasms", is that you get twitching of the eye, I don't have that, eye closure, I don't have that, and spasms, I don't have that either.  I can't seem to find a good definition of "spasm".  I've had back spasms and they hurt, with this I have no pain.  I've been asked if I've had a stroke or have I been to the dentist or what's wrong with you face.  If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.