Fibromyalgia Community
Hepatitis C and CFS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Hepatitis C and CFS

I was diagnosed with Hepatitis-C in 08/08. It took until 02/09 to jump through all the hoops necessary to get assistance for the Interferon injections and the ribavirin tabs (total costs around $30,000) Anyway about 3 months into the treatment I began to have serious psychatric problems depression and panic attacks and terrible fatigue. I had bouts of depression and had been on Paxil for about 2 years before being diagnosed with the Hepatitis. When I told the Gastrointerologist that was treating me prescribed Ambien 10mg, Xanax 0.5 mg and wellbutrin to help the Paxil. After I finished the year of Interferon was over. I quit taking all the meds except the Paxil that I was on before. All the depression,confusion,panic attacks, scared to go out of the house, terrible fatigue all came right back.(by the way none of the med helped with the fatigue.) So called the Gastro and he said that sometimes it could up to a couple of months to start feeling normal again and that I should keep taking all those meds for a couple of months. Well I finished the treatment in Janurary of this year and if anything I was getting worse.  So last month he referred me to a psychologist he added Addeeall to help with the depression and hopefully with the fatigue. Well it hasreally helped with the mental pobblems,ability to stay focused, confusion it even made the depression better, sort added a little puncg to the Paxil and the Wellbutrin. But the physical exaustion. My blood work comes back fine Hepatitis is undectable. I have been to a cardiologist for a full work up and pulominary specialist everything normal with my breathing. They even did a sleep test, it came back normal too. They have checked for all kind of stuff with the blood tests.The only thing that was bad was the hepatitis has severely damaged my level on the scale they use being 0-4, 4 being the worst, mine was 3.5, with slight cirrosis (cirrhosis). But the Doctor said that shouldn't be causing the fatigue. The Pychiatrist says the liver can cause all kind of mental and physical problems. Has anyone out there had any situation similar to this. I'm thinking about getting another opinion, what do you guys think. Thanks for ANY feedback I'm really screwed up. Thanks again