Hi, I am new to Fibromy... and I was wondering if anyone has had skin pain.
I am a 45 year old female. I haven't been diagnosed with Fibromayalgia but I was curious if anyone has experienced skin pain. It all started yesterday. I have skin pain in my upper abdomen area and around to my back. It is not painful other than when i lightly touch the areas. There is no rash or blistering. I don't have a fever however, I have had some bad headaches in the past 3 weeks. I am not sure if it is related to weening myself off HRT.

I don't have fibro, but I have heard other fibro patients say that they've had burning skin. I hope that helps and that other people will respond.

I posted a very similiar question on another forum last week. I've been having areas of my skin get very sensitive and feel burnt with no physical appearance of redness or a rash. My skin looks perfectly normal however I can't stand for my clothing to touch the area. I've had fibro 12 years so I'm chalking it up to yet another wonder symptom. The suggestion that I rec'd was to ask your doctor about Neuralgia and RSD ( Reflex Sympathtic Dystrophy)
When my flare-up first started I couldn't stand to be touch as it hurt. My husband would just touch me & I would scream from pain. I would say why did you do that it hurt, his response was I just touched you. That has since pasted but I have to wear baggy clothes because it hurts , I can't wear a bra or panties I feel like they are cutting off my curculation. They don't even fit tight but they feel like they are 10 sizes to small. I mentioned that to my rheumy and he said that alot of people have that sensativity. So you are not alone. There are some of us out there that just have that problem. That lasted me about 3 months for the touching but it has been about 9 months now with the clothes.
Hope this helped some.
Feel good,
Val
My skin feels like it is burning up from head to toes .Along with all the other pain .And is sensative all over to touch also. I find handeling cold things eg: Ice is very very painful. I am told it is fibromyalgia .and cfs .Sometimes i wonder ,as there is no blood test.

All the Best
Brian
Yes that skin sensitivity is called Allodynia and is a common symptom of Fibromyalgia. I have this all the time with my Fibro but I get it especially bad when I am having a flare, like I am right now. I just try to wear loose fitting clothing, no bra, and wear my hair up so that it is not touching my neck. Also cotton clothing and materials seems to be the thing that I can stand to wear the best that bothers me the least. I hope this helps some.

Katie
Preciousgirl took the words right out of my mouth.  I have lupus and fibro and I have times and not always during a flare when my skin burns to barely touch it.  It seems to happen on my thighs the most.  Just another one of those fun things we get to experience with these mysterious diseases.  God Bless.  I hope it goes away for you.
Joni