Hip pain
I have had horrible total body pain, many sleepless nights and horrid hip pain when I try to sleep.  I had an x-ray and I don't have arthritis in my hips.  Could this by fibro?  I am just going to start Lyrica for the second time today.  I quit taking it about six months ago because of the appetite increase....and I am trying to recover from a lifelong eating disorder.  I also had minimal pain while on it and thought I could go off of it....wrong.  It is sooooo hard to get off of and so is tramadol.  I worked so hard to be pretty much drug free except for an AD, but looks like I am going to have to fill my body with crap again.  I cannot stand this pain.  I also have muscle relaxers to try but I am real hesitant about them.  I am also an addict, so pain relief is really touchy with me.
Hi!

I'm far from an expert as I've only had fibro for about 7 months, but you definitely could have fibro. (I read your other post as well and you do have the widespread pain etc that defines it).  If the lyrica relieves your pain I would definitely go for it!  At this point you need some relief and sleep.  I use Neurontin, which is somewhat similar but doesn't seem to have a lot of side effects (although some people do have a lot).  Maybe you could ask your PCP about that option.  Also, I don't know what AD you are on, a lot of fibro sufferers take cymbalta, as it has pain relieving qualities as well.  I can't take it but a lot of people have good luck with it.
I've heard bad stories about tramadol, my dog is on it and I even worry about her!
I don't know if you want or can take a sleep aid such as Ambien, but it might help you some.  A lot of people (again, not me) have luck with taking melatonin for sleep as a natural aid.
I feel for you, there is nothing worse than being awake at night and in pain.  I hope you find some relief soon!
Hi, I too have fibromayalgia for over a decade and felt I have not slept for over a decade. Pain is all of my body and am allergic to all the drugs the doctors have presribed. Recently I have awful pain in both hips, it only use to be one, so at least I could lay down on one side but now I can`t literally lay down as the pain is all over my back too. The only thing that helps the pain is exercising all day, and as you can imagine without sleep I am exhausted. I feel I am going to collapse every single day from total exhaustion, but the doctor keeps handing out either anti depressants which don`t help the pain or drugs I am allergic to, as I have chemical sensitivities. I a desperate for help!