Hot spots on head ???
I have FM and other issues....

My question is....does anyone else get the HOT spots on the head like I do? It drives me crazy!

I've had all kinds of tests ran and nothing...I was wondering if anyone else knew something on this.

Thanks!
Lisa
FMS does cause the skin to become hypersensitive.  I have times where my hair hurts to touch or brush.  It's actually the scalp that is involved.  It also happens on other areas of my body.  It's a form of paranthesia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paresthesia

This is one of the classic symptoms of FMS and I hope it comforts you to know it's not unusual, under the circumstances.

Take care,
Breeze
Hi Breeze!!

I chekced out the site and read it all...it mentions the pins and needle feeling. That's not what I feel, I feel like I have a sunburn on parts of my head....or someone has poured VERY hot water on my head. It only happens on my head.

Now I do get the pins and needles all over my body....used to that...hate it still.

I did bookmark the site to read again. Thanks so much!

Gentle Hugs,
Lisa
Yes, that is what they are speaking of.  It's not actually hot to the touch, it's just that sensation of burning.

Have a nice weekend and take care of yourself.
I also get this feeling.  It hurts a lot of times to brush my hair (in which is thinning out) as if it is sun burnt.  I also get bruises that sometimes bleed on my head.  

With me it started years ago (~8 years) with a burning feeling at the base of my neck and in between my shoulder blades in which felt like the skin was thicker there.  It also itched in between my shoulder blades, yet as I said feels sun burnt to scratch it.

I get the pins and needles feeling in my body, but not on my scalp.  I have a lot of issues with pains all over my body but, have never been told that I have FMS.  I do have hypothyroidism, poor circulation and diabetes though in which leaves me thirsty a lot.  Also problems with vitamin and mineral issues.  

Sorry I don't know what causes it; but, I can defiantly relate.  Best wishes;  Me.
Yeah, that's exactly what it feels like... a sunburn!  I also have high blood pressure, hypothyroidism and myofacial syndrome. I thought it might be my high blood pressure meds causing it.

And yes!! The feeling between my shoulder blades as in feeling thicker, tingly, and itchy! For years now! Drives me batty. The ONLY thing that relieves my "hot" head and issues between the shoulders is when my hubby massages my head or shoulders.

Now I don't feel like I'm the only one...and I hate that you do understand the "hot" issue. It's not a comfy feeling, that's for sure.

Thanks hun!

Lisa
Lisa,
It sounds like you have a lot of the same issues as me.  I also get actual welts from time to time in the same place every year.  My doctor said to use selsom blue shampoo or a good conditioner.  LOL  I also have noticed when it acts up bad that my lymph nodes swell.  I was told for some people this is normal.  I guess I just have over active lymph nodes.  
The pains I get in which seem to be threw out my whole body now...(used to just be the winter months)  have been ruled out as chin splints, vitamin D, B, iron issues or poor circulation or hypothyroidism.  My Diabetes is ok.  My hsCRP (inflammation marker) levels have always been high for no apparent reason.  Lipitor has finally brought the hsCRP number from 20 down to 6 over the years....(yet the range is 1-3) so it's still a little high.  The bone and muscle spasms/pains and (what I call zingers from blank) have been getting worse each year and change of weather seems to play a large part in the severity, making some days feel impossible to do anything.  Normal stuff I used to enjoy like gardening, hiking, hunting and fishing almost fill like task now.  Urgg.  Dr. says it's a sedentary life stile now????  This all started when I had 2 jobs though, worked out and was pretty active.  In the beginning it was called stress.  Go figure.   ;~/  Sorry about getting carried away and whining.  

I thought a lot about what Breeze said as a possibility for myself.  Problem is (with me) FMS or CFS has not been brought up.  It sounds right though.  You may want to ask your doctor.   Best of wishes to you.  ;~)

Amy.
I've had FMS diagnosed now for about 8 yrs.
My head is VERY sensitive brushing, touching etc.  
I started getting hot spots, the ones that feel like I've been burned, for about a year now.  Sometimes in more than one spot, sometimes in one spot.  I read a couple books by a Dr who has fms, and he assures us that that is normal to us.... since anything painful seems normal to fms. Yes, it is like being burned, and VERY sore to the touch.  I cannot wear jeans or socks/shoes if they come back.  Anywear else is the same, esp. bras, shirts, etc. etc.  They go away after a couple days to up to a week or so.
Good luck with yours!!  
Humm my hot spots are different then.

scalp only, mostly right side back towards the crown, I feel like someone burned me yes, or rather more like a hot pokers being pushed down, but yet from the underside. but the skins also hot to the touch, and if I can cool it the pain is lessened.

I dont have any other symptoms as described tho. and no ones given any notice to my comment about the hot spots.
I hate this!  I don't have it all the time but it is really annoying.  Plus going to get my hair cut & colored used to be a really relaxing experience.  This last time was torture!  Just pulling the hair tight to put the foil on felt like chunks being ripped out of my head!
Well, at least my hair looks good while I hurt lol!
I was "diagnosed" with fibromyalgia over 10 years ago. I don't experience the hot spots (thank goodness) but I do have times when my skin and scalp are very sensitive and hurt to be touched.  I also have a strange "burning" sensation on the left side of my tongue that's with me almost constantly. The pain feels like I bit my tongue or burned it. None of my doctors or dentist can determine a cause for it, and finally my dentis said it's probably paranthesia. It drives me crazy, for sure! Does anyone know if paranthesia can be treated?
My hair hurts too. Even a breeze from the wind never mind brushing.  I have a similar pain going from my left ear down my neck but deep not on the surface.  ENT is treating that as chicken pox virus, my neurologist informed me the quarter size spot on my head was nerve damage from the chicken pox virus also known as shingles which I've never had also known as herpes zoster virus
There is an antiviral med that helps but during a flare up I have to increase the dose.