Fibromyalgia Community
How do u ask for a stronger pain med (w/out sounding like a pill seeker...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

How do u ask for a stronger pain med (w/out sounding like a pill seeker)?

Hi everyone! My question is how do I ask for something stronger without sounding like a "pill seeker" or drug abuser? My Lortab 10mg is like regualr tylenol to my pain. They already have me on Cymbalta, Lyrica, Lortab10mg, Soma, Xanax and Ambien BUT I AM IN SUCH PAIN! It is unreal!

I know it's not a good idea to double up or whatever but I have in desparation- it does not help! My legs give me the worst trouble. I take magnesium, calcium and a few other natural things. I do swim exercise religiosly now BUT the pain is beyond any pain I've ever been through including natural childbirth!!!

How do I ask a doctor to put me on something like Percocet or Oxycodone? Or just anything that will be wotrth taking?? This Lortab is USELESS!! But I've been told if you ask for something specific they think you are just there to get pills for the wrong reason. HAS ANYONE ASKED THEIR DOCTOR FOR SOMETHING STRONGER, AND HOW DID YOU GO ABOUT IT????

By the way thanks in advance for any ideas, thoughts, suggestions or sharing.
Jennifer
If you are taking all those meds at the same time, you may be a pill popper.  Are you taking magnesiem atleast 4 hrs from taking anything else?  If you take it along with other meds-the other meds will not be aborbed correctely into your system, like you won't get the true effects.  Have you tried positive feedback or hypnosis for the pain.  Try positive thinking and speaking.  Yoga breathing exercises.  Physical therapy, swim less in a heated pool. Stationary bike slowly for five minutes to restart a new ecercise program. You won't be happy with harder drugs, most pain killers don't even work on fibro type pain believe it or not.  I've tried morphine and I've tried oxycontin (doctors choices not mine) and they did nothing but make me tired.  Watch how you stop your meds too, get doctors help on how to do that or else it could kill you.  Good Luck and God Bless
just tell your doc that what you are taking is not working and in my opinion nothing does that i have ever had,so i stopped takng the lot and i dont seem to be any worse off cos the pain remains the same ,and and i clear each med out of my system before i try something new.hope this has been of some help to you,and ask him how long you shold wait before you try something new.
I agree with kitty 51 just tell the doc that what you are taking right now is not helping at all with the pain. Ask if there is something else. I was taking percecet one 3 times a day. Which did nothing. I was afraid to overdose so I just suffered. Then a friend of mine told me that his wife is also on them and she takes two at a time which helps. So that is what I did. It did help. I told my doc & he said no that is to much and then switched me to morphine. Just tell the doc what you are taking is not doing a thing. See what he says.
I have been wondering the same thing! I am scared to ask too, I am on lyrica and ambien and I am still having a really hard time! I am not on any pain medications which I have taken before and they do help some, I hope you find out, good luck! Also if you do find out let me know, I want to ask too but am scared!

Paige
I wrote this post when I was in dying pain. I do alternate between Rx meds and homeopathic treatments/remedies. I also do water exercises and emotional therapy. AND I take a break about every 5-6 months from Rx meds, so that I do build a tolerance or harm my other organs more than I do. I have Post Traumatic Syndrome with Panic Disorder on top of FMA, TMJ, and likely MS.

I do not like that I have to take any meds at all and since posting this I have quit Lyrica because I thought it might be a culprit to my involuntary jerking and shaking. Also, I do not take pain meds daily, only when needed. And I am not going to apologize that sometimes I NEED something to take away this pain!!!

I encourage everyone when reading someone's post/question to really understand that they are being honest, open and putting theirselves out there. Also take in mind every one of us hurts but none of us know to what extent the other persons pain may be or what their threshold for pain may be. What you may not be able to tolerate, maybe I can or vice versa.

Let's all remember why we are here and that this is the one place we should all feel free to be open, honest and ask whatever is bothering us. Non-suffering people in our every day lives do not have a clue so this is the only place we can come to.

I've rec'vd some private messages regarding this and so I had to come back and post this comment. Everyone is free to express their opinions and suggestions- just keep in mind real people in real pain are behind each post!!

Jennifer
I do not know how it is for others, but for me I have never been able to get a Docter to give me more meds for my pain. I only take my cymbolta and busepar and balacet. And sometimes I feel as if im going mad. But my doc wont help me. So i go to the emergency room and they always help me.

A supplement.. well actually it is a type of sugar, has been shown in research studies that it can improve pain and quality of life in many CFS & fibro patients.  It is called "D-Ribose"... you may want to check it out.  Here is a link to the article;

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/37399.php

(((HUGS)))

PlateletGal

HERE'S INFO ABOUT ME THAT'S ON MY PROFILE SHOWING ALL.... MY MANY AILMENTS.  I'M POSTING THIS 2 SHARE MY STORY & MAYBE U'LL UNDERSTAND WHY I TAKE (HAVE TAKEN) SO MANY DRUGS ETC.!!  

MANY, many health problems!!
*L4-5 FUSION 11/2006 **but be4 that i had a botched "clean up" & obtained an infection of pus & fluid in my spine 9/2005. Had 2 have a pic line put in for IV antibiotics & weekly nurse visits for 8 + wks.
*C5-6 FUSION 3/01
*STILL have 2 hern disc's in lumbar, 2 in thorasic, 1 in neck
*Scoliosis
*Degenerative Disc Disease
*Arn. Chiari DAILY headache/migraines for 13 yrs. now
*Fibromyalgia
*Rhem. Arthritis
*DAILY chronic pain

I take 11 perscriptions for my ailments: Some include;  lyrica, cymbalta, etolac, percocet, ms contin, zanaflex!  They HAD me on MAJOR strong stuff  3-5 yrs. ago including: Dilata's, Methadone, Soma & Clonopin.  Couldn't handle ALL the side effects & was house bound & became severely depressed & OVERSLEPT constantly.  

============================================================

In the PAST my dr. has tried EVERYTHING........... w/ my chronic pain:  tramadol, darvocet, vicodin, loratab, celexa, bextra, MANY diff. anti-depressants ETC.  

~~ I go 2 the dr. EVERY month for pain management. I LOVE my dr.!  I've been seeing her for quite a few yrs.!  And she's VERY conservative about giving pain meds.  SEE................................ the thing is MOST dr's WON'T give pain meds for fibro. INCLUDING my dr.!!  She prescribes my pain meds for my torn up spine, neck & head.  The herniated disc i have ARE pinching nerves etc.! So, she is compassionate that i HAVE 2 have SOME quality of life. She's SEEN me NOT be able to hardly walk & or stand up straight.  I'm DEFINITELY not a pill seeker.  Since i've refused pain meds MANY times.  JUST because one is on a lot of scripts doesn't make them one.  

**I've TRIED ALL kinds of natural herbs & alternate relief. Phy. Therapy/Chiro (made it WAY worse) biofeedback, injections, hypnosis, weekly massages, acupuncture, low impact aerobics. YOU name it i've tried it. And SOME of these made my pain MUCH worse.

AS far as ASKING 4 something stronger............. if u have a good relationship w/ u'r dr. they should be willing to try something stronger on you if what u'r taking ISN"T working.  If they give u the run around FIND a dr. that's compassionate & maybe even SPECIALIZES in u'r ailments.  

Meditation/Yoga, positive thinking is THE BEST DRUG there is. BUT w/ out my reg. meds I'd be in bed........ praying for god to take me & end my pain!! I've been there be4 & it's NO place for our minds to go.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL
PEACE, LOVE & HAPPINESS TO YOU ALL =)
I'm new on here, and I understand I'm in alot of pain too. They are not sure if I have Fibromyalgia or neuropathy but I take Darvocet now and was on Percocet. They do nothing for the nerve and body pain. I only take them for the Migraines, and that pain doesn't compare to the pain in my legs. As far as meditation I've studied Martial Arts for 17 years, and as it is helpful - I am still having trouble copeing.
Has u'r regular dr. ordered any specific labs; like SED RATE, Growth Hormone etc.?? If they did & then sent u 2 a fibro clinic u could find out EXACTLY what's going on w/ ya.

I'm sorry u'r having a hard time coping. :( I feel for ya sista.  We all have bad days & some good.  Hopefully, today is a good day for u.  I TRY to FOCUS on the fact that @ least i'm NOT wheelchair bound. Or that i could be legless or have 1 arm or something. I guess i'm just trying to say.... "i have to say in my head.......IT COULD always BE WORSE"!  It might sound kinda silly. But, it works for me.  Try 2 find something that works for you. Remind u'rself of that & focus on u'r blessings. ;)

Bless you
Like most of the others here, the meds don't do much for my pain. I've found that how I feel on any given day depends on the quality of sleep I got the night before. I sleep on an air bed (Wal-Mart, $10.00) on my floor.
I keep a chair close to help me get up in the morning. You have no idea how much difference that little change made! Any inner-spring mattress feels like I'm sleeping on a sack full of doorknobs. I also take .5 mg Clonazepam at bedtime. I hope this helps
I have had all kinds of physical therapy and all kinds of drugs. I have found nothing to relieve the pain. As well I have been on many meds and am allergic to most pain meds and come monday I have no choice but to go back on morphine. Last time I was on morphine it almost caused a divorce. My new husband said it made me very mean and it was him or the morphine. Well my doctor at my last appt. told me that no matter what I had to get back on the morphine for my sanity and for the pain. It is all I can do now to get out of bed. I have had 3 false heart attacks in 2 weeks time. Because of over doing on my good days. The muscles around my heart were the weakest in my body so that is were the fibromyligia (fibromyalgia) attacked. May God Bless you and ask your doctor for something that is going to work because you feel like you are going in saine with the pain you are in. I have had firbomyligia for 11 years now and was just diagnosed 5 years ago. I have been stuck in bed for more than 6 mth and confined to a wheelchair for over a year. I am now back up slowly and gingerly and can't make a full day of things but I am atleast out of the house. Believe in yourself enough to not let this disease take you over. No matter how bad it hurts at least step outside and check the mail or walk down your side walk.
Percocet and other drugs in that category aren't good long-term.  You can evaluate what you are taking.  See if any dosages can go up or try another kind of medication.  With antidepressants for example, there are many brands and medications for that.  They work for the same thing, but have different ingredients and work differently.  What may work for one may not for the other, as well as what may work for you may not with something similar.  It is also good to find out what is causing for you to feel worse (even with the medications) and just to talk to your doctor about it.  I don't know of anything that works for my fibro problems, but everyone is different.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/568259#
Jennifer567 and to the rest of you who are fibro sufferers. I too am a fibro victim as I call it. When you live in so much pain and nothing seems to help and because of it your life is spinning out of control... I would like to share with you something that has helped me and for the last 3 1/2 years. I have had very little pain in that time. None most of the time. If I overdo it or don't get enough sleep then I will have some pain but nothing like before. And it has restored my sleep! So I o longer feel like I'm half awake and half a sleep all night.
When I discovered this I was on ten medications that the dr's were giving me to help control the pain. And I literally watched a clock to see when I could take another dose of pain medicine not because it got rid of the pain but it did ease it up where I could tolerate it a while longer. Nothing else not even diet or exercise which I have tried in my search for something to make a difference. So here it is it's a juice made from the mangosteen fruit. If you like me your first reaction will be that is crazy! No juice can help with what I'm dealing with. But I hope some of you will be desperate enough to try it. Make sure that you get the whole fruit mangosteen, which there are many out there that are not. Give it at least time to work 3-6 months drinking at least 3 ozs 2 times a day. I don't know if this post will be even allowed to be posted but I had to try. Many of your dr's won't believe that this can do anything for you. But what do you really have to loose? It's not a cure all but it does have natural anti inflamatory properties that help to reduce the pain like nothing I've experienced for my own pain. And there is scientific and medical research on mangosteen fruit.  As I decided I had nothing to loose. I pray this information is beneficial to some of you.
I understand and empathize with you as far as your pain in concerned.  I currently take 1 30mg oxycontin 2x a day and norco for breakthrough pain.  I used to just take the norco but as anyone who has been on opoids knows you build a tolerance to these meds.  I just switched to the oxycontin 2 weeks ago and I am ok with it but the side effects suck.  I get headaches and am constipated all the time.  (but I guess that has helped with my IBS some right!?!?!?)  My doc is awsome and really listens to me.  I do my research and bring it to him.  He does not assume I am pill seeking but knows that I want to be active in finding a solution.  He brought up at my last appointment that he was interested in putting me on Duragesic patches.  I told him to let me research it first and we can talk about it on the next visit.  That's why he put me on the oxy.  I am still not too stoked on the patch idea and would rather use that as a last resort but it is for people with opoid resistance and may be a good solution.
My advice... don't  be afraid to talk to your doc and do research and give him suggestions.  He (or she) may be a dr but they can't keep up on everything going on with every illness.  If your doc doesn't want to listen to you...SEE SOMEONE ELSE!!!  
It is a special relationship we have (especially us in chronic pain) with our docs and it has to be based on respect and trust.  If your not getting that find someone who will give that to you.
Stay strong and I wish you the best!
I have had Fibro for almost 7 years in addition to Trigeminal Neuralgia, Sphenopalatine Neuralgia, Cluster headaches, TMJ, High Blood pressure, Interstitial Cystitis, Crohn's Disease and Reflux. It (Fibro) started really bad then got better once I lost weight and excercised regulary no matter how much pain I was in I would atleast walk a little. I as with everyone else tried a ton of stuff. Now I only take the occassional Flexeril at night and the D-Ribose that was mentioned by someone previously is a lifesaver. 1 tsp. in my coffee every morning. It's a tasteless white powder you can get at any health food store, not too cheap, worth every penny. It takes about 10-14 days give or take to kick in but WOW. The pain subsides and the energy level SOARS. It is awesome. I know several people who have tried it and are like new. They have quit taking their regular meds. Don't get me wrong I know how bad Fibro can be, I know some people suffer more than others, I hope you find something that works for you. The narcotics just aren't generally the way to go with this type of pain. Good luck to you.
i have taken every pain med there is on the market...i am now on buprenorphine..it is useless for the pain also..
there is not a medication that will take this pain away...NOTHING!
the cymbalta, neurontin, amitriptyline, klonopin, suboxone, oxies, methadone, percs, vikes, morphine, tylenol, advil...there just isnt a thing that gives me any relief..i have stopped searching because i've tried it all, and nothing works, plain and simple.
i really dont know how people can live like this, or for how long.

the only relief i get is an occasional prescription of prednisone, 5 days worth...10 days of relief. 40 mgs a day
i gave up looking for relief..now its just finding ways to learn to live with it..yippee.

good luck..i hope someone here gets relief without chemical dependency or addiction kicking in, this really is something to think about IF you can put the need for relief aside for a bit, not meant to be sarcastic like it may sound.....it is sheer torture to live like this.
narcotics dont work for this type of pain, usually, and are not meant for long term. please try safer alternatives first if you can.
and after being on narcotics for so long, they can actually worsen pain. your pain receptors will play tricks on you...
good luck everyone
Hearing what all of you go through with your doctors and your pain meds, I thank God every day for my PM doc.  I have fibro, but that's not the reason I see a PM doc.  I also have adhesive arachnoiditis, which doctors have described as living with the pain of cancer without the release of death.  

When I first started seeing this doctor, he had me taking Norco tablets.  He didn't want me on them long term because of all the Tylenol in them, but my finances at the time wouldn't allow for anything more expensive.  As soon as I was able to afford it, he switched me to oxycodone, which works like a charm for me.  Without it, I would be bedridden.  With it, I can work a normal week and do almost everything that I could do before I developed the arachnoiditis, within reason, of course.

As someone said, with opioids, you develop tolerances to them, which necessitates adjusting your dosages to be able to get the same effect over time.  I see my doctor every other month (I have an appointment tomorrow, as a matter of fact) and the first thing he asks me is "are the meds still doing their job?  Or do you need more?"  He has NEVER made me feel odd or embarassed to have to ask for a higher dosage, and when I tell him that I'm just about making it the 30 days because of having to titrate my doses higher, he increases my prescription accordingly.

The key to being able to successfully manage a chronic pain disease is to be blessed with a doctor who isn't afraid to treat the disease aggressively, and who trusts you, as his patient, to be honest with him about your pain control needs.  My doctor is a well-known neurosurgeon/neurological oncologist, it's not like I go to one of those fly-by-night storefront clinics where all they do is write prescriptions for pills.  He does random drug testing of his patients to make sure we're taking our meds the way we're supposed to and not selling them (as so often happens with the people who visit the storefront clinics), he does periodical assessments in the form of informal interviews that, we find out afterward, were actually psychological tests to determine our propensity for becoming addicted.  He monitors each and every one of his patients very carefully and we all love him!  

My heart goes out to people who have to suffer because they can't communicate with their doctors for fear of being misunderstood.  I wish that you could all be blessed with a doctor like mine.  It's difficult enough living with chronic pain without having to do battle for everything that might possibly help to lessen that pain.  You all deserve better.

Ghilly
"I also have adhesive arachnoiditis, which doctors have described as living with the pain of cancer without the release of death."

That sounds awful ! I am so happy to hear that oxycodone is working for you. And I like what you had written in your last paragraph, "you all deserve better".  I have CFS and fortunate that my pain (although present every single day) is tolerable without medications. I do on occasion have severe headaches and found only one medication, fortunately non-narcotic, works for me. (Relepex)
I have tried all you are on and they do nothing.  I have been on a duralgesic patch plus percocet for quite awhile now and they feel like taking an aspirin to me.  Just ask the Dr. and be persistent.  My family Dr. doesn't believe fibro. exists so had to go to a specialist.  Ask to go to a pain clinic!
Appreciated your comment about real people in real pain.  We suffer enough because our suffering is not visible.  I am in the process of applying for disability and they are putting me through Hell.  My own children think I am faking.  I don't understand why they think I would rather spend my life in bed or on my couch in agony rather than golfing everyday like I use to.  My pain has gotten so out of control that I have often wished I didn't believe in God so I could end my life.  I am so tired of people saying you look fine!
My family Dr. says only women get fibro. because it is in our heads!  Lucky I have a specialist and go to a pain clinic.  I have had fibro. for about 25 yrs.  I use to take Tylenol 3's to golf or play baseball or volleyball.  I worked 3 jobs and raised four kids.  Now at 49 my body has said, "forget it!"  I am on several meds without much help. I have had injections in my spine for the arthritis and it helped some.  
I am so tired of family, friends, colleagues looking at me and saying you look fine.  
Luckily, I am dating a wonderful, understanding man who will give me long massages or help out when needed.  He is a very patient saint.  
If I am denied disability I don't know what I will do.  When working I came home and went to bed immediately and spent weekends in bed.  I can't go back but, I know it is hard for fibro. sufferers to get it.  
They ask if I would go back to work and I said, "I would love to be cured and go back to work!"
I feel trapped in a cocoon of pain.
"My family Dr. says only women get fibro. because it is in our heads!"

I'm sorry to see that the abuse is still continuing. There are abnormalities in fibro patients and your physician should be keeping up to date on the latest research. Shame on him (or her !).

My recommendations for those of you who are in pain and not getting relief from your current medications would be to discuss this with your physician or specialist... but also bring up your concerns about taking such strong medications.

I am lucky I have a dr. that understands me and my pain but it took me about 7 years to get to this point.  I have found that oxy and oxycotin does work for me I am on a oxy ir for immediate pain and a long lasting oxycotin for long coverage.  there are other pian meds that I have tried and they don't work.  every person is different and need different care.  I make sure that my dr knows that I am concerned about taking high doses but when I need an increase I just tell then\m that I have had to double up on my pills inorder for them to work and they will usually increase them.  but again it has taken me a long time and I had to go through a pain specialist before my dr would prescribe anything.  sometimes it is a matter of having that second dr (like a pian specialist) inform the dr that this is what you need it takes the pressure off the GP dr.  
good luck and you will find something that works for you.
D
Ghilly...and the rest out there suffering,

I have had docs who were so bad I recorded their 'meanness' to me. Ghilly, you are so fortunate!! For the rest of you, never be afraid to ask for more meds. NEVER! If you are suffering you should ask. If they act like an *** then go find another doc. There are plenty who will help. One of my former docs- Dale Stott here in St. George, Utah- tried to cause me to go into toxic shock by refusing to refill my scripts w/o warning. The reason? i asked to have a part in my pain management/treatment program because "I" was the one hurting. That's a doc who is in it for the money, folks.

I found this just now---
"Tolerance" simply means that you get less "bang for your buck" from the medication over time. In other words, over time you get less pain relief, or you need more medication to maintain your pain relief. Tolerance seems to occur in some people but not in others, and many patients have to increase their dose at the beginning of treatment but then are able to maintain stable doses for long periods of time. The key point is that tolerance does not mean addiction! While people who develop addiction often develop tolerance (i.e. need more medication over time), many patients who are not addicted, and just have chronic pain, also need an increased dose over time. One of the most common mistakes people make is mixing up tolerance with addiction.

Its under ADDICTION at this website----

http://www.painaction.com/painaction/Article.aspx?channelId=2&contentId=42

or look here for other pain help---

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=aware+pain

Have a great day all!
This is a website I found in the early 90's when I was suffering so hard and when I was taking about 100mg a day of methadone and oxy-codone/contin-- this drug saved my life!!!

http://www.druglibrary.org/SCHAFFER/asap/index.htm
or type in "ASAP pain" in your browser and hit enter.
Mr. Baker was a voice I needed so desperately then and, unknown to him, he helped to save my life by his knowledge of pain, its devastating effects on us and the lack of concern by the government and docs. I learned from him that it was "I" who had to get help for me and not someone who doesn't hurt. Today, I use pot as well to help. Though its illegal I don't care. If the law cared for me they would help me (us!) more. Well, that's my view of it anyway.
I have Lymes disease taht has turned into Fibro and a few other things....I was always able to talk doctors into giving me more and more and stronger and stronger pain pills......Trust me thats not the way to go..
I dont think that there is a right way to use strong narcotics...

I am now on Subutex and let me tell you...atleast you dont have to count pills and you cannot abuse and they last 24 hours.
Subutex when used for cronic (chronic) pain is a big step but maybe look into it and see what you think.
Just ask is my answer.  I told my doctor....my pain is increasing, what are my options and she took it from there.  It all depends on your doctor.  Narcotic pain killers were the only thing that allowed me to function daily, keep a job, take care of the house, be happy, and care for my children and husband.  The ONLY thing.  I didn't read everyone's post and I am sure you are aware but ... the risk for dependency/tolerance/abuse is very high for some people.  I was one of them.  I used the pain meds to deal with the pain, the stress of the disbelief from family, the stress of not being able to be the person I was and I have an addictive personality so I was doomed from the start.  My point is....be very careful with narcotic pain relievers, be monitored closely, I believe that nacotic pain relievers are perfect for some fibro patients, and watch yourself for abuse (one extra won't hurt...watch for that because kickin opiates is THE WORST thing I have ever experienced in my life).  And be careful if someone tries to reccomend a non-narcotic pain reliver called tramadol/ultram a so called "non-addictive" med....withdrawals from that are not pretty either.  But as for your original question.....just be frank and ask.  
For the women out there with Fibromyalgia there is another opiod that works better on women's brains.  It seems women's brains are more receptive to Kappa opiods than other opiods like the oxy's or hydrocodones.

It comes in a patch, nasal spray and a pill. Only the pill is what we would use.  

Simply ask your Dr.  

Some drs. do not prescribe certain drugs because they are not certified to do so.  They don't tell us this.  Morphine is a level 4 drug. A GP does not have a license to prescribe level 4 drugs.  Sometimes they use the strong arm method instead of explaining their limitations.

I use Dr. Devin Starlanyl's book "the fibromyalgia advocate"  it has a purple cover.  Take the book with you after you have read the areas on meds, areas that validate your pain levels etc.  Use it as a tool to support your claims.  

I am an addict/alcoholic and I ask my Dr. for stronger meds.  When I am in a flare-up, I need her help, and I ask for it.  She monitors my use, so do I.  
i'm new here too....i had a virus in my spine called transverse mylitis...which cause leisons in my lower spine and caused major nerve damage...my nero *****..... he gave me neurontin and tramadal which do NOTHING for my chronic pain i am 31 yrs old and my quality of life *****....i'm depressed and i'm in pain every day of my life my primary doc just suggested i go see a new neuro and put me on cymbalta this disease i have is very rare happens to 1 and a million people.......lucky me! i have tried to ask for something for the pain but they refuse me it's crazy....people that aren't even in real pain get pain meds and i was payralized from the waste down and have leison in my spain and can't walk for more then 5 mins without crippleling pain......was on morphine and loratab in the hospitol and now nothing....i'm miserable i don't know what to do???? any suggestions????
Was the TM recent?  Did they say you would recover in time?  Did they rule out lyme disease as a possible cause?
Jennifer, sounds to me like, first off you posted this last summer so I hope you got all the help you needed before now, I also seen subutext or suboxen mentioned in the above feedbacks for pain.....NO they will NOT help you....... You can get on a much stronger medication at a much smaller dose like Methadone and trust me jennifer it is worth it to take this drug "that is if you can get your doctor to write it" being that it is a Cll medication but I would say that 40Mg a day would help you out so so so greatly and if you still read this then see if you cant get on that, I don't advise anyone to go on OxyContin because it is so addictive and so easy to abuse in about 3 different ways and when you abuse it in those ways you get a heroin feeling and then your hooked, but methadone is safe if you take it as directed or you could actually take your whole dose at once if your only gonna get like 40mg and that dose will keep you pain free ALL DAY LONG I know this because I Take It and I have multiple things wrong with me so what have you got to lose? ....hope this helps

Sincerely,

Dustin Campbell
Pharmacy Tech
Hi Jennifer...I also see how old your post is and hope you have had resolution by now, however my two cents is this...it is all in the relationship woth your doctor.....I have been with my doctor for 8 years and we have been through it all together and he hears everything I say....I currently take 40mg of Oxycontin 4 times a day and 15mg of oxycodone (up to 4 times) as needed per day for breakthrough and he asks me during every visit how I am handling things etc....so we have built our trust and I have never not been able to fill a request, have a test done, do a drug screen in those 8 years so we have a mutual trust and he is in tune with me. So if your relationship is one of straightforwardness you should have no problems...
Good luck
i feel you completely , i have had  too many injuries to speak of here, but mainly the first thiing is to stick to one doc , even if you know the system..... to make it short i have broken both legs, right one twice witch was a compound fracture at 21 and fractured growth plate in same ankle at 14 , also at 18 fracturing the left leg and ankle. I go to a pain managment clinic and they are still pretty stingy im prescribed 150qty norco 10mg/ 325mg a month with 90qty flexeril celabrex  cymbalta  and in no way shape or form is that even close to enough i can have my pain meds gone within a week and a half. My point being just 1 and a half months before they were prescribing me 90qty norco. So my advice is persistance but knowledgeable of certain or all prescribing pain meds , them it seems as if u are talking of a place you have allready been to and mention the internet, doctors are put out of there element when you do because they dont know what you have or what you havent been introduced to.
Dont be ashamed of the meds you take or how much of them you take. The pain is real even tho there are those out there who will act like its not. I understand how you feel completely. I have very severe pain all the time. Im on the worst end of the FM spectrum. You have to remember that not all of us have the same amount of pain... Some with FM have pain that is more tolerable and there are those of us who can barely manage.

Alot of us FM'ers have overly tolerable systems and it takes high doses of our medications to work!!!!! Meds that did work may quit working after a short time. It is because of our messed up systems and because reasons for the pain is very complicated.

I went thru a long process of being afraid to ask for stronger pain killers and just asking for them at all. There are a lot of docs who think all FM patients are drug seekers. Its very frustrating!! I finally found docs willing to help and even tho I still have pain, these big time pain meds help alot, they help it to be more tolerable. Keep me from crying and rolling around in pain, Seriously.

Just explain it to your doc. Try to make him understand. Just be honest and tell him your fears of being thought a dope head. If he is a butt head about it, you may consider finding a differnt doc. It is not uncommon for us to have probs with finding the right doc so dont be afraid to do that. Try to do a little research in your area, find some other people with FM and the docs they go to, etc... Look, I am taking Opana ER, Percocet, and Lyrica for pain and that doesnt include all the other meds for all the other symptoms... It is alot and I dont take it lightly. I take it to try and survive this ****. Dont let the non-understanding people make you feel guilty or bad about taking the meds that YOU think you need. Nobody else is in your body but YOU!
Also, for best results,You need a  Pain Management doctor to handle all meds related to your pain relief needs. They can prescribe any type and strength of narcotics and this is their specialty so they also know other ways to help with the pain. Docs have to have a special license to dispense these types of meds so you will not be able to get much from your GP and you will prob have to ask your GP to please please refer you to the PM doc. You cant go to a PM doc without referal. I tried all the other things out there for my pain and all that my fibro doc wanted me to. He is great and he finally saw that none of it was enough and when I asked, he sent me to the PM doc. I thank GOD that he did!!!!!
I didn't read all the replies but I noticed you mentioned Ultram. My doctor said this pain medicine was actually for Fibromyalgia. It works better, has fewer weird side effects, and is not a narcotic. I love this stuff. The other narcotics can increase the pain without the narcotics over time, requiring an increase in pain meds, Ultram is less susceptible to this. Look into it!
Maybe print out articles on how pain meds work for Fibromyalgia pain. If you tried Lyrica or Savella/Cymbalta and can't tolerate side effects you should be able to request pain meds. The doctor isn't at home with you to see you in severe pain. He sees you come into his office and not the daily pain you go through! He's not sufferin with this is he? No.
I found that Methadone works for me. It lasts 24hrs in the system so there is no need for over use. I found this out after having to take methadone when I became pregnant 2 years ago. I couldn't just stop the percocets for it would put too much of a strain/stress on the baby. I was monitored and now have a healthy baby girl..she'll be 2 in Nov. -- I want my PCP to prescribe Mthadone so I don't need to run to the clinic every morning. But I brought it up and he refused. I see him again on Oct2nd and I am going to bring in a couple of articles on how well methadone helps me with the Fibro and also my Period which has gotten worse since having the FM 10 years ago. Suggest a contract. Where you sign a contract stating that you'll not overuse the medication and will come back when called to check how many pills you have left. -- Methadone lasts 24hrs. It's a narcotic med. Stronger than your perks/vikes Oxy's...I had to take up to 7 perks a day to keep the pain at bay. Ask for Methadone. I'm on 110mgs at the clinic but will be a bit lower in pill form..that's IF my doc agrees. Try to wean down your meds as well. You need to get them organised. Hope for no more pain!
Keep updating.

Hugz,
       daytripper
hello all brand new to site and first post.I to am out looking for help and knowledge with my fibro. Also have arth. DDD, spondylosis, cardio-myopathy, IBS, sleep apnia (apnea) (use a c-pap) and depression. My list of meds just keep growing but with no benifit!! forgot to put in my favorite Insomnia. List of meds include lyrica,sevella (just started) vicoden HP,flexerill,HCT,coreg, vasotec,valium and remeron. Only take vicoden and flexerill when pain is to much to bear.In the last 12 months have had 13 differant spine and cervical joint inj. nerve blocks and thats not counting numerous TPI inj.I have a simaler prob. as you do Jennifer. I havent been able to work for a year now so there for lost my health ins. and had to go on the medical card. So i lost my Dr that had been treating my fibro for years cause he dosent take the medical card. So I thought I would try our 1 reumotolist (bad speller lol) in town he dosent take card either. Oh it gets better lol I go to family Dr that the medical card suggests. 1 he dosent do RXs for narcotics 2 I would have to go to pain clinic out of town to get narcotic script. 3 I asked him if he read my chart i go to pain clinic in my town for inj. And lastly he beleaves fibro can be treated by diet and exersise ( I of course got smart and said if i wasnt in so much pain i might exersise urghh). I know with all the obstacles we fibro. people suffer or daily pain, the dilema to many pills or not enough or even wich one. incompatant DRs (good exp. in just a min.). Also the stero-type that we are just complainers. We have to stick strong to our belifes and values!! Goverment is another thing that really scars the bajeebers out of me with this health care bill looming and being a fibro person. My last complaint for the night lol is also my funny Dr story remember i had to go to a second pain clinic for pain meds. I told Dr other Dr was putting me on Sevella for the fibro. This (goverment apponinted Dr) Tells me there is no such drug it must be cymbalta. I told him NO it is Sevella he insisted I was wrong. Even better told him i was on vicoden hp ( wich is 10mg vicoden and 660 hydrocoden) He informed me the biggest they make was 750. So just incase there was a prob. I reached into my pocket and showed him the bottle. He didn't say a word and wrote me a script for 550 lol All i can do is laugh and thank our goverment for there pain spec> referral. So I shrare the feeling of being scared to ask, thats why I try to stock-up untill the pain gets to much. One last funny I almost forgot I take lomotol for my IBS stops diarera. It's a narcotic wont give rx have to go see another spec. ahhhhhhhh
Hi Jennifer,
I have had to ask for med changes/increases over the years as the meds I was on gradually stopped working. I think a big key is the relationship that you have with  your Dr. How often do you see him/her? Do you trust each other implicitly? Have you asked for increases or changes before? How long ago? The bottom line is that there are Dr's out there who believe that just about anyone asking for pain meds is a med-seeker and there's nothing you can do to change their minds. If you don't have a strong, trusting relationship with him you may think about changing Doctors. That said, be direct, honest, and let him know just how much pain you are in. If he doesn't suggest a change-you bring it up! If he doesn't agree with a med change, find a Dr. who UNDERSTANDS the horrific pain of fibromyalgia and will treat you appropriately. There is no reason that anyone should have to suffer with this awful disease. I have had it for years and my symptoms are severe. Over time, my meds have been adjusted several times to accomodate my tolerance for the meds I was on. I am currently on several medications for a variety of illnesses but for my fibromyalgia pain I take oxycontin-120 mg every 12 hours, percocet-10 mg three times daily, and soma 350 mg three times daily.I have no side effects whatsoever (I started the oxy at 20 mg twice a day and have increased slowly to my current dose after 5 years). That said-I started out with tylenol #3 years ago!  I am lucky that I have a Dr where there is a lot of mutual trust. I see her monthly. Good luck, and let me know what happens! Kimmons
OMG that is a HUGE increase in 5 years Kimmo! I hope ur also on neurontin or lyrica?
I just started on oxycontin and I'm on 10 and 10 with percocet for breakthrough now he has added another 10 so its 10- 3x per day alng with the 2700mg or neurontin....
so I know the oxy is still at a low dose. Its NOT doing anything for my pain which maybe a. fibro b.neuropathy d/t DDD  c. polymyalgia rhue?
In fact if anything the oxycontin has made my pain WORSE...so he is reluctant to raise it until we can figure out what is going on.
But you are on an extremely high dose, good that you have an understanding doctor, I'm just worried for you...what happens when you reach the ultimate dose?
what will you be able to do for you're pain than?
we are sure between a rock and a hard place aren't we.
Most people with Fibro tend to have either a high or low tolerance to medications and especially when it comes to the pain meds. Also, different people have different pain levels so therefore needing different doses of pain meds. And,  After time your body becomes used to the dose you're taking and you have to increase in order to get relief and again, everybody is different in how long that takes.
Forget all those meds you have all mentioned. I have tried them all and i told my doctor they were not working. Just tell your doctor that you have tried butabol compound for pain before and it seemed to help. I have been taking it for 3 years now for my fibromyalgia pain and it has really eased it about 60 percent. I am on disability for it if that tells you how much pain i was in. Anyway just a suggestion.
Wish you all the best, God Bless!

BeaAnn
I have been on a pill called Deplin. My neuro-phyc Dr. says it is a type of vitamin. All I know is that I am feeling better. This pill with my other meds (Cymbalta, Wellbutin XL 150,HCTZ, Klor-con, levonthyroxine??) helps the meds work. My body was not absorbing the meds and I was taking everything as prescribed. I had alot of depression and crying. I gave up on pain meds. I take these if I absolutely have to. I tolerate the pain and when I can't, I take reliafen and go to bed.

I have other problems than the meds. If I don't have my cpap machine I just don't sleep. I have been awake more that 24 hrs at least twice a week. I get the fog and confused. I forget alot. I did notice that I cannot have certain foods. No eggs, no equal, some milk products. This just triggers the IBS. We need to listen to what our body is telling us. Everyone is different and that is why some meds work for some and not for others.
Once you just sit down and write down all the physical and emotional things that happened to you in your life. These stresses are what causes your body to have Fibro.
Stress aggrevates Fibro. When I looked at everything in writing, it was no wonder I had this Fibro.

To those of you who don't have family or friends support,the internet has alot of information you can download for free. Get the hardcopy and let them read about it.

If this post helps one of you it was worth the pain to state it. I will be looking in often.
Here's to taking care of ourselves.

Crochetya
I have scoliosis, sacroiliac disease (unstable hips), and arthritis in my right hip.  I suffered without medication until 2004.  I begged MDs for help for years, and all they did was tell me NO, I will not be responsible for your addiction - this after my trying nerve blocks, trusses, you name it.  Meanwhile, I was thinking about killing myself, but I guess addiction fears trump suicide any day (do they think of these things when a patient comes to them with a documentable problem and they just turn them away?)  I didn't find a doctor who would treat me for pain until 2006 and he treated me with suboxone until I could afford it no longer.  From 2004 until I found him I got pain meds from the internet.,   Now I'm on T3's and would also like to go to something stronger, but just dread the baloney around getting them - I'd rather bite the head off a small rodent, really.

I don't know quite how to explain this to people, but being allowed to just "tough it out" without help for so long has given me the bitterest attitude towards MDs and just about everything else.  I feel betrayed.  I tell them as little as possible.  I know as soon as I run out of money I will be SOL again, and this year, when I could not afford help, I developed either tachycardia or arrythmia or something like that?  I have a heart murmur and when I was most physically distressed (without medication of any kind for 16 and 22 day stretches) the heart went berserk - it sounded like 5 guys were in there manually sawing logs.  And the problem went away within hours of medicating again.

Does anyone know about this condition?  What can it do to me?  I'm worried that if I run out of money again I'll have a  heart attack.
I am sorry to hear about your situation. Many of us have gone through struggles to get proper pain relief. I would be very concerned about the heart condition that you seem to be developing. Do you have insurance that would cover a visit to see a new doctor? You could begin by seeing a brand new primary care doctor. Get a referal from a family member or a friend.

Have them check your heart, go over your pasts tests, MRIs or X Rays that prove your spinal conditions (which I have some of that too, so I know the pain you're going through) and tell them about your heart concerns. Quantify your disabilities by giving examples of what you have trouble doing or where your pain is. Ask for a referral to a pain management doctor.

Have you been to see a pain management doctor in your area lately? Or just other options?
Oops, forgot to mention that I was initially diagnosed in 1994, so 10 years without help.  In 1998 I was ridered by my health insurance against using it for my back, and in 1999 I was diagnosed with HCV, and after that diagnosis they refused to carry me anymore  - dropped me like a wet mop, so I haven't had insurance for 10 years now.  Nice, huh?  So whatever I can get I have to pay out of pocket for, and believe me, that isn't much.
I have had fibro since 2003 when I was 29 years old.  I woke up Christmas morning and couldn't walk.  I did have some symptoms before that, but it really took over that morning.  I couldn't even walk for 3 months.  I was stuck on the couch.  I had to wait for my husband to help me to the bathroom, and my daughter had to help dress me which was humiliating. I went to physical therapy and they put me in a deep hot tub to do excercise.  It really helped me I was able to walk again!  The insurance only pays for therapy for so long.  I am happy that I can walk now, but I have been on vicodin since then and it doesnt seem to be helping as much as it did before.  I am now seeing a pain management doctor, but he actually cut back the amount I get from 120 a month to 100 a month.  I always thought that pain management doctors were more likely to help.  I have and appt with him today, and I am going to try to talk to him about it.  Thank you all for your tips.  I will let you all know how it goes.  

I don't know if this will help, but there is a group that is performing various infusions therapies for fibro.  I think the website is uspainmedince.com.  I haven't been there yet but I'm considering going, nothing else  is working for me.
Carolyn
You get pain medication? I have NEVER been prescribed ANY pain medication by any doctor I've been to for more than TWENTY YEARS with the exception of FIVE MILLIGRAM ultram, which did almost nothing, and was only after many many years of being ill.
I just came on this site, I also have a question, I have pretuding discs in my back, which causes severe low back and unbeleivable leg pain, I have been to the drs and follow all the instructions, as to being reffered out, to having the epideural shots in my back. All she has me on is tramadol (altrams)50mg, and neurotin,  this helped for a while, but i cant get her to give me NOTHING else, I dont know what to do. I think sometimes I would rather be with out my legs, it gets so bad. Please, any help would be great.
Doctors are so damn terrfied about the rash of illegal "pin needle"  -- analgesics are doing nothing, Ive been on Norco 10/325 and Oxycodone.  I continue to work time...although it takes a log longer than used to me.  

I guess ithe ssue is that people see and hear me an think I'm an addict.  And lets  fade I am.  I had to weigh cripple vs. addict.  I chose to work.  But i'm so close to being done with that.  I'm not enjoying life.  The best I can do is just keep plugging along.  I have an appointment with m doc tomorrw and am just not sure what to tell him.  It's not working anymore?  It doesn't last very long?  I think they need to up[ my mg's on my oxy.  With me luch...the way I figure the worst he can say no.
I was on Ambien and Lyrica and found that after a while their effectiveness disappeared, so I told the Dr. exactly that. Now I'm on Oxycontin and I don't even need that as much anymore.
Have you ever tried Savella? It is a newer drug that is specifically for fibro. I took it for a year and loved it, I had to go off of it be causing it wasn't mixing well with NUVIGIL that I now have to take for narcolepsy.
lady if thats what you do you dont know what real pain is i have chrones,chronic migraines,and a vericusile and i take pain medication and it barley helps me with my pain. i have tried acupuncture meditation and it dont work for crap. so before you start talking crap about people poping pill you should have a better understanding of what real pain is
i would go to a different doctor you have the right to pain management. if you doc refuses to help you i would seek a different health care provider that is prob the best advice you going to get. doctors have a problem with prescribing narcodic pain meds because of the abuse cases and the dea being on there beck but there is pain management doctors who specialize in just that. you have every right to seek them and have a referral to one.

good luck im hoping for you  
And you shouldn't have to apologize for anything!!  My mother commented to me about "my daughter is a drug user..." however she failed to notice that I could barely (and I mean BARELY) get up and walk much less walk straight when I wake up in the morning. I am in terrible pain all the time and when people respond with callousness about your situation, its hurtful and unfair.

Its exhausting enough to try and explain/convince doctors of your pain while not coming off as addicts. I hear of others who get their prescriptions for health reasons not as severe as others and sell the pills while I have to go to my doctor and walk a fine line all the while repeating how painful my symptoms are.

The bottom line is, we shouldn't have to suffer! I know that addiction is the risk however does that mean that those really in pain have to forego help because of that? It just shouldn't be that way!

I have tried many things, supplements, juices, anti-inflammatory pills, sleep aids, muscle relaxers, narcotics, etc. I don't want a HIGH, I just want my pain to cease!!!!
I have the same thing for at least about 5 years and just recently its been getting worse, so I had an MRI done and my dr. now gave me hydrocodone 7.5mg and its still not enough and lately I cant help but feeling like a pill popper but what else can I do, Im in pain, although I feel so sorry for those who are in worse pain, I cant even imagine if im in this much pain already, and I have had percocet before and that works better but im afraid to mention anything more to the dr because I dont want her to think I just want the meds, I dont I just need something to take the pain away.
For you to call this lady a pillpopper is assinne. Until you yourself have suffered intractable pain please hold your stupid comments to yourself. Those of us with severe chronic pain have enough problems with doctors and nursers accussing us of seeking drugs. Don't add to this ladies problem.
Go to this web site. http://www.basic-keys-to-natural-health.com/Unhealthy-Foods.html. I have had pain for over 4 years and i recently stopped eating gluten and doing some of the other things suggested and my pain has been reduced considerably.  I even started to eat gluten again for a few days and my pain came back with a vengeance.  It took about a week for it to really come back. when I first started eliminating  gluten and dairy i started to feel less pain with in the week.  There are some really good gluten free websites for recipes and other info.  glutenfreecookingschool.com is a good one. It may at least reduce your pain.
Jennifer I hope you have a pain management doctor.  If you don't I suggest getting one they are specialist that only deal with pain management. I'm a RN and the combination your on right now is insane and its almost impossible to know what is working and what isn't. Take Care hope you get some help.  Oh! and I see a pain managment Dr. I have severe back pain and arthritis.(disk problem, degenration etc.)  I have had to try different medications but we try one at a time.  I'm on Cymbalta, and Dilaudid right now so far so good.  
hi ...i am a 27 years old male and been having pain in my right testicle from 12 years old and i been on pain killers for years "but on and off " because the pain was there and some time wasnt  ....around 4 years ago start running and exercising and the pain is killing me ...some time i cant walk even 5 feet ...it making me cry in the street .. well , i use ta take oxy 30 ml 1 a day for 2 years and thats about a year ago ...and now im going to a new dr and giving me this stupid pain killer that to me they are like tylonal ...i cant walk alot ..cant runn or cant even have sex ...the pain is realy killer ....i need to ask my new dr if i can get my own pain killer oxy 30 ml....do you think i should ask or?
I'm new here and was reading some of your posts.  I like what Jenn said about cleansing your system of RX drugs every six months.  But I'd like to know how you do this because I am opiate intolerant and REALLY would prefer not to be.  My dose is pretty high (I'm a big guy... 6', 230), at 30mg oxycodone every 4 hours. I never really liked the "high" feeling because it took away my control. I find I have to take it more often, my doc knows but we don't say much about it.  Unfortunately, when I space them out intentionally to about 4.5 hours, I get edgy, pain returns, sweaty, anxious, and just plain don't feel well.  I also take Lyrica, Methocarbomol, Tegretol, Tizanidine, Temazipam (and ambien/seroquel for sleep) for a nerve issue.  I very much would like to reduce but it also brings the pain back so my concentration really wavers.  
So, Jenn, how do you do this cleansing?  I'd like to start this week but don't want to tell my doc for fear he may simply stop prescribing.  I hate feeling like this.. but thank you in advance for your advice.
Hello in there--This is Moo-maw who is 63-I call this fibro the affliction from Hell-- Here is how to keep fibro under control---When you go to bed-take two caps of Wld 101 proof of wild turkey- If needed take  2 more and so on--you will sleep like a dead man  Another thing--its important to know how and your body will tell you---I took 1/4 teas. of wild turkey every hour on the hour because the hospital said they not do the therapy on my neck because my muscles were too tight and knotted-so I stayed down and by monday they were amazed and were able to work on me.  When you are not with number 10 pain but still in pain just take the 80 proof whiskey.
you can take a cap, then 1/2 cap through the day--Adjust.you know your body
I have found the positive effect of narcotics diminished with each upward dose.  Have read that certain pains are not helped and in fact get worse on meds, but of course I have tried the meds.  need them for my back, anyways.  Hyperalgesia is pain that can get worse on meds (if I'm remembering right thru the fibro-fog), and there is a book on google books that says your fibro pain could lead to nerve damage on meds.  God I hope not!  Then we have that other stuff: like skin pain that has another name.  Pain that happens when it should not is called allodynia.  Zero stimulus nevertheless equals skin pain.  I don't get any help from meds from my skin pain, but others say various things help them --lyrica, lidocaine cream.  We'll never know if meds help that other unpredictable devil pain:   someone called it "voodoo doll" pain, and that is a perfect name.  Same person talked about the "roving pain" .  Anyone ever suspect that "roving pain" or quickly migrating pain-- of being caused by meds? Has it happened to anyone while on zero meds?
Completely understand where u are coming from. I have a plethera of autoimmune issues from chronic auto-immune hives, acute angioedema, rheumatiod arthritis, dislocating joints. My pain regiment is norco 10's 1-2 pills every 4 to 6 hours for pain. Didn't touch any of the nerve pain which is debilitating. I now take Gabapentin 300, three times daily. I haven't needed to request additional pain meds. When flares are severe (recently the worst ever) tyhe increase was done by the docs.
before i started woith what we have been calling "fibromyalgia"  I would usually not even finish the pain meds i was given after a surgery.  i know i do not have a problem with addiction---but, because of the tolerance issue, i have had to raise the amount of pain meds i take over the years.  I started 12 years ago with daily headaches.  I used to be able to take a darvocet with an excedrine in the morning---and i was good to go for the rest of the day. However, i always had a very difficult time getting my neck comfortable when i tried to lie down.  If my head hurt--i had to sit up or the pain just got worse.    over time, the bottoms of my feet started hurting, then my legs started hurting----i had a pregnancy and tried to not take the darvocet, but couldn't do it and ended up taking it throughout the pregnancy.

I was able to go back on it after i had my baby, but she had health problems whjich took alot out of me and it was right before the holidays.  Iended up taking 100 darvocet in december of that year.   I don't remember what i was taking on a daily basis--I'm sure it varied over the next 2 years.  At some point in time they added generic soma, sometimes the kind with aspirin, sometimes the kind without.  I had o have a hysterectomy shortly before my baby turned 2---and was given vicodin 5/500 for the c-section pain. After 3 weeks, i went in to such a flare, my legs were hurting so bad i just sat in my rocking chari and cried.  I saw the doc and he changed me to norco 10/325 to cut down on the amount of acetaminophin.  

that was about 10 years ago.  i used to be able to take 1/2 norco, 1/2 soma and 1/2 of a cafienne pill, and i did pretty well. I can't remember how many i used in a month back then.  eventually i know i was allowed 3 norco and 3 soma a day--but i usually took 1/2 at a time,  after awhile, it had to be raised to 4 of each a day.   I found that if i took a whole norco and a whole soma with the 1/2 cafienne that i could sometimes go 9 hours before i needed to take anything again.   This last winter i was getting almost unbearable pain in my knees in the evenings, so the doc raised the amount or norco i can take per day to 5.  I did try savella for 2 months and i was able to take a little less norco---usually only 1/2 to 1 pill less a day---so i guesss it helped a little bit---but not enough that i could have gone off my pain killers,

I dread going to bed at night because it is so hard to get comfortable---and if i sleep through the night---the pain killers are completely worn off and i wake up feeling horrible.   I wish i could get someone to give me somethjing that was longer lasting, even if it was only to take before bedtime so that i could wake up feeling  better and take care of my kids better in the morning.  I take benadryl to help me sleep and i also have a Rx for baclofen that i take at night sometimes to helpme sleep and sometimes 1/2 in the day instead of the soma.

I think that my fibromyalgia is a symptom of something else and i am working on getting my thyroid at an optimal level to see if that will alleviate alot of my problems.  I have alot of arthritis---i take two mobic a day and it just does not do as good of a job as i would like it to.

I know that they now believe that pain has become the a disease itself, rather than pain serving the function of letting us know something is wrong.

I also read that very few people with chronic pain become addicted to pain medication, and if they do, it is usually the people that already had a problem with addiction.  i get so mad when they don't differentiate the difference between addiction and dependency and when they forget the tolerance issue that eventually requires us to need a dosage raised.  there really is nothing any of us can do about it--it is just the nature of the medication.  i recently read an article that said that side affects of narcotics usually wear off faster than a person becomes tolerant, so---usually if they need a dosage increase it is because the condition has gotten worse, not because they have become tolerant.

Can anyone send me in the direction of information on methadone?  it sounds like a medication that requires less to help and lasts longer--this is something i would love----less medication and not having to take it so often.
AMEN to YOU dear! I have worked in healthcare for over 26 years and have NEVER had to take pain meds in my whole lifetime! I have however had to take ongoing maintenance drugs to maintain my hypothyroid, hypertension, migraines, GERD, & arthritis however none of these drugs have ever been considered "pain meds" only NSAIDS. When I finally had to recently be put on hydrocodone for the Fibromyalgia, of which the Dr's still weren't quite sure if that's the definitive diagnosis or not? My pain has been such anyway that I had to be put on this pain medicine so I've had "co-workers" mind you who have made comments about me being a druggie now & just now wanting to get well. So my suggestion to anyone who is sitting in judgement of ANYONE whether you are reading it on a community where they felt "safe enough to open up" because more than likely they haven't been saying much about their illness to many people they know due to how everyone has been treating them so far, MEDICAL PERSONNEL INCLUDED, AND SHAME ON EVERY ONE OF YOU & I DO HOPE YOU SEE AND READ THIS!! So they continue looking for other things that are wrong with them...because it can't only be this...since this isn't "really a disease" it's always been treated as "someone who's a bit off in the mind are the only people who usually get this, or a Somatoform disorder as such! I am here to tell you this disease IS NOT such and I agree completely with jennifer567...NO two people are alike and we all need to consider that before we point fingers or make judgements in any way of people who are in pain since unless it's YOU, how can YOU KNOW??
I am aslo trying to get stronger meds when I have to go out and I am in horrible pain. I do smoke marijuanna and was referred by 2 doctors that it would help. It does help to relax but to go in public I dont feel what I have is sufficent. I am on tramadol, soma, xanax, and savella.
AMEN, I say this very thing to my husband when he tells me "You don'y know what pains is"I was in a auto accident 2 years ago I have done every test, took  every med precribed to me and was still in pain. I hate when they tell me that I have back injuries but surgery is not an opition and I also have fibro which gets worse as the years ag on there is times that I can't even pick my 18 month old grandson up and but him on my bed. Yes!!! I tell him I do know what pain is and I wish I coukld give you my body for a day! I went to my last doctor out of choices and just broke down crying and ask him is this all in my head am I crazy or is there somthing wrong with me and he told me yes there is a dif. problem and started me on my meds Lyica, Soma, percet 10, and the med for leg pain and a few others when I went to the pain management I found stress can make it worse so I have learn other ways to releive the pain but I still can not live a normal life without the pain meds soooo I thank God for them I do know that there are people out there that abuse the meds and it make it harder and makes people look down on people who take them just remember that if you are not walking in those people shoes you should hold off judgment until you know diff.
seriously tired with people like you!!  You must not actually know what pain feels like!!  I have pancreatitis and the pain is sooooooo severe at times I don't know what to do with myself!!!  Do you think this is fun???  Do you think we want to take the pain meds????  Do you think going into the hospital following all their rules, sleeping in their beds, waiting for them to make decision on your behalf????  I want my own bed, I want to live by my rules in my house and I want to make my own decisions about my health!!!!  Think before you talk idesofmarch; people in real pain like us don't seek pain meds to get HIGH we seek them to relieve ACTUAL pain!!!

Totally frustrated
Jen
You spoke my words...word for word.
I'm so glad I found this web site.  I felt like....all and most of the Dr.s I've seen,  are more worried about me being a so called  "Pill Seeker" than really listening to how much pain I was really in.  My life,  I felt was over,  until I let up on myself for feeling so frickin guilty for asking for medication...more meds,  or a higher dose.  I need help Doctor's....I'm hurting so bad I can not function a life worth living.

Thanks for everyone's comments.  It's taken a big TRIP on me,  for something I don't deserve.
Have any of you tried the power  of prayer?  I am 72 years old and I dont use any of those mind altering meds  My God is good and he keeps me going
Look up low dose naltrexone, also try tumeric supplements, whole foods diet .
I have gone through it too. They put me on Gababpentin and it takes the pain edge off in the muscles.
Just tell the dr. How u feel. I have a great pain dr. I changed scripts 3x in two months. Lortab does nothing. Gonna call him again this week. I want my percocet back. Did not realize how bad papain was till I went off.   Perco a wEek ago.we have a great relationship. He has all my records so he knows I'm not lying. He gave me lortab last week anand didn't ask for my half of bottle of percos back. That's strange. Just be open with him. He will help yopu. Feel better
So for the rest of us, our God is not good?  Is that what you say to anyone around you who is truly suffering?  How NOT Christian of you.  Pain pills are "mind altering"?  Great that you haven't had a bad illness so far in your life. At 72, you may have a big wake up call before too long.
Im sorry, but I completely disagree with the previous answer ! Ive been dealing with debilitating pain for 17 yrs and have been on almost everything you can imagine! If you feel like you can't approach your Dr without him questioning your motives than get a diff Dr.! it may take several before you find one willing to work with you and try you on diff combinations but they ARE out there! Thats not to say that people ie. nurses, staff, pharm personel wont treat you as if you're an addict, but those of us truly suffering are paying the price of the abusers! if you haven't already, find a pain support group. It helps to have that poss support.
Hope this helps someone struggling with the same things! God bless
I don't know what was posted by Idesofmarch as I have looked back over 2 years ago to see the posting.  I think that Medhelp must have deleted the posting!  Whatever was posted must be what some others also think and we all need help with arguing against it.  I too have suffered from severe pain.  
Oh, I finally found the posting from Idesofmarch dated July 12, 2008--over 4 years ago!
How do you make the doctor understand your pain?  My husband has to help me out of bed. He even has to help dress me from the waist up!  Things like that that people take for granted!  The pain is so bad its hard to even want to live! I have fibromyalgia/ruptured disc/arthritis/seizures/depression! We need help!  Someone who will listen & try to help instead of judging us or just giving up on us!  Sometimes the pain is so severe, life is not worth living !

Just need a friend to lead on for advise!
What has your doctor offered to you for your pain and depression so far?  If you can include that information, I can help you more.  

If your medication isn't helping, the doctor should prescribe something else and give you other advice to help with your pain.  Some anti-depressants, such as the SNRIs also help with pain relief.  

If your doctor isn't helping you, get another doctor.  There is a way for you to feel better.  Take care..
Quickly, just want to answer your ?...Yes, have had that roving etc pain when not an any med's...none before or during, just months later.
I stopped reading every post--there were too many--put I had to add my two cents--especially because I got so frustrated with a discussion at church on sunday about addiction to RX pain meds---and I was the only one speaking from experience and research---I got up and walked out---and didn't even return to do my job of playing the piano for the meeting.

First, I honestly believe that the symptoms of fibromyalgia are REAL--I am miserable almost every day for at least part of the day and some days I never get complete relief---and then there is always the odd day that I do exceptional;y well-----there is no rhymn (SP?) or reason to chronic pain.

Second--I believe that even though so many of us experience similar symptoms---I don't think we are all suffering from the same cause of the symptoms. I kind of think that fibromyalgia is a symptom of something else that is going on---it is just so dang hard to figure out what it is---so the best we can do is try to make ourselves functional in whatever way we can.

I have read an article that talked about how pain originally served the purpose of alerting us to the fact that something was wrong---but, in some people, the alert system has gone haywire and pain has actually BECOME the disease.

I get so sick of the misunderstanding there is about dependency, addiction, abuse, tolerance and psuedo-addiction.  I just learned the name of that last one--but my obgyn told me years ago that a good way to get a person addicted is to UNDER treat their pain--the reasoning behind this is that these people in pain will use drug seeking  behaviors to get enough medication to relieve their symptoms so that they can function--not to get a "high".  This is one good measure of whether or not a person is an addict.  Addicts will take a medication regardless of the consequences to their lives or the people lives that they are involved with--they will lose jobs and marriages because taking the drug is more important than anything.  

Another person may take the same medication to improve their life and their ability to function----their quality of life is better on the medication and it allows them to function.  They may still be dependent on it and would go into withdrawals if it was suddenly taken away---but they are not addicted---they are dependent.

Everyone who uses certain medications will become dependent--this is just the nature of the beast.  I take hydrocortisone for adrenal insufficiency--I am dependent on it, but it does not mean I am addicted---however, if I dropped it suddenly, I could go into adrenal shock and die---very quickly.  If I were to get into an accident and was unconscious, I would need an injection of hydrocortisone to keep me from going into shock.  i am very dependent on this medication, I would go into withdrawals if I dropped it suddenly, but i am not addicted to it.

I take norco, soma, clonazepam, NP thyroid , hydrocortisone, baclofen, meloxicam, vyvanse on occasion (been trying to drop that one) I also take a number of supplements based on blood tests that showed I was actually deficient in certain vitamins and minerals.  I also take benadryl to help me sleep.  One thing I hate taking, but it really makes a difference in how well my norco works, is 1/2 of a caffiene pill.  I tried to drop the caffienne, but the pain meds did not work as well.

I am only allowed a certain number of norco and soma a day and the amount I am given must last me a month---i can not even fill it the evening before the refill date---even if I have used them all and not overused them and need a pill to take first thing in the morning---I often wake up in a tremendous amount of pain and can't really function well until the meds kick in.  sometimes i am able to take less than the amount of medication I am allowed---I put them aside to save for a day that i might need a little extra.  I once had a day that when I had taken all the medication I was allowed by 2:30 in the afternoon---and I was in severe pain.  I finally had to go in to my doctor and get a shot of tordol.  I have had to do this several times--but not alot of times.

I am now at a point where my meds really are not giving me enough relief more often than not---though I still have the occasional day that I have 1/2 to 1 norco or soma left to put away for the really bad days.

One thing that was causing me a lot of bone pain was being low in vitamin D.  i had been tested, and was within the "lab normals"  so no one thought anything of it.  When I told my doctor that my bones hurt---he said "that's just you."---they are used to me being in pain.  My level was 33, the bottom of the range was 30 and I felt like I had shin splints if you pushed on my shin bone.  I flew across the US to see a doctor who does not use lab ranges, he uses ranges for optimal health.  My bone pain has decreased dramatically after taking 10,000 IU of Vit D---but I still have a way to go to get up to an optimal range.

As for my medical conditions, if you are curious---I have chronic headaches, osteoarthritis in my hands and feet, I had orthoscopic surgery for it in one of my knees just before I turned 40--but I had been having arthritis symptoms for years.  I get tendonitis, i have had carpal tunnel surgery in both wrists, I am hypothyroid and have secondary adrenal insufficiency--something going on with my pituitary which I belief is what occasionally makes my bladder flush as if someone had opened the gates of a damn.  My bladder is extremely sensitive to acidic foods most of the time.  I have had osteomyelitis, bilateral shingles--both of these as a very young child.  I had MRSA several years ago and another type of staph infection that turned to cellulitis about 4 1/2 months ago--I went through IV antibiotics--which I was allergic to, and wound care for a few weeks after that while on some pretty heavy duty antibiotics.  I also have a hiatal hernia and severe reflux.  i have trouble with swallowing my food at times and have had to have my esophagus dilated 3 different time.  biopsies have shown eosinophils---I will be checked for eosinophilic esophagitis.  i just did a little some research on this condition recently and discovered it can cause lower limb pain and back and chest pain.
I also have battled depression, anxiety and mild OCD since I was a child.

The last local doctor I went to wanted me to go to the mayo clinic----like anyone can afford that!!  This is when I flew back east to a doctor who ran tests I have never even heard of and discovered the deficiencies I have.

I do not expect to get completely well---but I still hold out some hope that maybe I will find something to make things BETTER----and if it turns out that the only thing that makes things better is a strong medication---then I'm all for it because I have to function, dependencies and all.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I find it is a balancing act to take the right amount of medication.  too little and I am miserable, too much and i just kind of feel yucky and I can't sleep.  Sometimes i get the shakes--not sure what is causing this--it is just an ongoing battle to try and feel well---and i HATE it when people freak out or hassle me about my medications---i'm doing the best I can.

I'm impressed if you got to the end of this!!

stopping a narcotic doesn't kill you.  stopping a benzo does.
I'm in a severe flareup right now and just googled "how long do fibromyalgia flareups last.  I did read the entire post!  I understand how you feel about pain meds.  My big issue this morning is that I can't think!  I'm trying to deal with some mutual funds I have and find it so confusing I've just given up.  My legs and hips hurt.  They feel tight and achy.  
Regarding the last post, I did get of of valium and yes.....it does indeed "kill".  It took me 6 months.  It was the worst thing I've ever been through.

Have you tried tramadol?  This seems to work on a different principle than most pain meds.  It increases the serotonin levels, which many of us don't have enough of.  

I'm stumbling through this note because I can't think!  

I know you're doing the best you can and I feel for you.

I truly wish I did not understand the comment about God, I am there now.
I have been having a hard time finding a doctor who can help me with my pain, I had two surgery's this year from broken bones, one required two screws in my right thumb and a broken elbow. 5 months after, and once i was almost 100% again I blew out my left arm. broken in 4 places with a compound fracture, this included a longer that expected surgery that required the surgeon to put in 3 plates and 16 screws. I broke 11 bones in a 6 month period, requiring immediate surgery. And now im in terrible pain but i cannot get across to any doctors, let alone the fact that part of my severe arm never healed correctly. I don't know what to do, I have friends who are telling me to go to a clinic and see if their process of medication and therapy would help. but i am just confused. I just want to be able to move on with my life and find someone who will actually help instead of shew me away. and on top of all that mess, on the way back from an appt. a week after my surgery a car pulled in front of my drivers car and we t-boned them causing a serious whiplash because i was reclined in the seat with pillows raising my arm. i just moved to a new area and when i went to the doc he basically looked at me like stop complaining even though he checked out my neck and their was damage that had occurred. Does anyone have any suggestions? i just want relief, I work as a painter, and am taking classes at a community college. my previous doc made me feel like a pill seeker and I am far from it, I just wanna wake up in the morning and be able to go through my day comfortably, especially the days i work.
I been on oxycodone and its seem to make my pain worse and my tollerance was buliding up and then you have to face addiction.. And coming off tbe oxycodone was the hardest thing I have faced physically. Its a tough decision, but comong from experience you may want to not go down that road, jmo :)
every one that says you dont know what real "pain" is just remeber everyone has a different pain thershold i feel bad for all that are in worse pain than most but i mean come on doesnt everyone deserve to live a life where they are not restricted to some activties due to the amount of pain that is in there body regardless of where or to the extent im just sayin plus if people are asking for advice and all you can do is say how much worse you have it that just sounds like a search for pity to me we dont get to pick the hand we are dealt but have to play the cards to the best of our hand if you have no good advice or just want to badger an individual well you know that little arrow at the top of your screen you should hit that the next time you have a thought
I would just tell your dr your meds are not managing your pain. Sorry Ides is being judgmental to you. You should support each other not judge each other.  
I hate it when people treat you like an addict when you are in so much pain!!! I also have fibro for 17 yrs and chronic migraines for 33 yrs I have done and taken everything dr.s have asked! The key is finding a good dr that understands! And thats not easy! Talk to your dr honestly I found one that listens and he gives me perk 7.5/325 I couldn't function without- still can't some days. Just ask the worst thing that can happen is he says no. God bless you!!!'
I have been looking for the way to say how I felt and BOOM, there you are saying it.....I am hand printing this in part to take to a new Pain Specialist.  Thank you so much...

Georgia Peach
Hi Jenn. I have fibro I was diagnosed 2 years ago, I have been in pain management for 3 years. I am on morphine 30 mg, but my doctor started me out at the lowest pain drug & kept moving up. After almost 2 yrs with being in pain at a scale of 10 he said your ready, You have to let your doctor know that the pain med isn't working & why keep taking something that is getting into your system & not working. He put me on oxycodone but I took one pill and had a bad experience so I returned then and said put me back on morphine. I am also on Savella 100 mg. This works GREAT for fibro along with alot of other meds. You have to watch how you ask because alot of doctors think people just want the high. Hope this helps. Good Luck!
I have been diagnosed but actually have Lyme's disease, which some doctors feel is actually the cause of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome in many cases. Anyway, it takes me at least 60 mg. of oxy a day to get through the day and still be able to walk to the store. I am sick and tired of doctors telling me about the addiction factor and at the same time prescribe me crap like depakote which is one of the most toxic medicines on the market. My advice it to tell your doctor you want to go into a pain management clinic. There they will offer you a variety of meds and get you to the right dose. Just don't screw up though and do any street drugs or any other pain meds, because they do random pee tests and once you get kicked out, it's virtually impossible to get back in. I know this from experience. I was on 60 mg. of Methadone a day and a friend of mine came over and gave me one single line of coke. I hadn't done it in years. The very next day I went in and got my script, and got tested for the first time in six months and got kicked out. So now it's hell to get a doctor to get me anything.
Savella is not a narcotic or pain medication.  Also Trazodone which has helped me greatly with fibromyalgia is also not a pain med or narcotic.  Doctors are most likely to want to prescribe these.  But some people can't tolerate them.  I had such nausea from the Savella that I had to stop it.  Also you may need to start very low on the Trazodone and then work up in dose.  Also the single best remedy for fibro is exercise, but you must start out very slowly.
Antidepressants screw up your mind.  If you look them up, you'll find that the PDR even states that they don't know Exactly HOW they work.  So they load up your brain with chemicals they know nothing out.  They call that a GUINIA PIG, and then they WAIT for you to send in side effect complaints to the FDA.  I Like to stick to the OLD tried and true drugs that they know EXACTLY what they do.  Valium is a NERVE Pill, MS CONTIN is MORPHINE (as is oxycontin & to an extent oxycodone, a derivitive at least).  I don't take antidepressants, one doesn't EVER work, so they keep adding others to assist the ones they gave you til you're a mind boggling nut case.  Oh and by the way, it states on ALL those anti depressants that you cannot discontinue them abruptly either, you have to be WEENED off of them, so what is that?  The same as ADDICTION as far as I'm concerned.  But they will freely give those to you.  ASK your Dr., IF you can stop taking them when they don't work or you don't like what they're doing to you....He'll tell you the same thing, "Well No....We're Going to Have to Ween You Off of Them".....so I'll take the Morphine thank you.
Depression screws up the mind worse.  I've been on anti-depressants for years which has also helped my pain.  You are saying that valium and morphine are better than anti-depressants?  Have you ever looked up the side effects and addictive nature of those drugs?  I read your profile and you do have some significant pain issues.  I am sorry about your pain.

But many of us need anti-depressants to function or not commit suicide due to the terrible pain.  Did you know that depression causes the telomeres to get damaged so that people with depression suffer diseases associated with older ages much earlier such as osteoporosis, stroke, heart disease, and diabetes?  Don't trash a class of medications that have helped so many.  I would NOT be alive without taking them.  And I am happy in spite of being in chronic pain and being very disabled--because of the anti-depressant.  I would rather be happy than being severely depressed by my situation using your paranoid logic.
Thank you for your initial post and subsequent post. I sympathize with your predicament. I feel the same about asking for stronger pain meds when talking with a doctor. I feel so scared that they are going to call me a pill head or drug addict that I don't ask. Case in point, two days ago I meet with a orthopedic surgeon to review my recent MRI which shows my third herniation  at my L-5, scar tissue from previous surgery, and now disc degeneration to the point where fusion is now the recommended treatment along with a referral to pain management. So after a rather emotional visit about this operation. I tell this surgeon, who is part of the same clinic as my PCP, that I took my last Vicodin that morning. The surgeon tells me he does not like to prescribe Vicodin and he prescribed Tramadol 150 mg and Nabumetone 750mg x2 daily. I had never heard of Tramadol nor Nabutome so I didn't press the issue. I had been taking Vicodin 5mg q. 8 hours for three weeks at that point. It was prescribed Vicodin for the sciatic pain that I felt, but before the MRI procedure, which concluded the herniation and disc degeneration. I had taken the Vicodin as prescribed mostly, sometimes waiting four hours instead of the prescribed 8.
While I was taking the Vicodin, I was able to drive my family to California for vacation, surf and dance with my wife. I then took the Tramadol and it is awful. It makes me nauseous, dizzy, fatigued and unmotivated. I feel as though I'm in a tunnel and detached from the people. I can't track a conversation. I almost slipped in the shower because I lost my balance. My world shrank to the couch. Looking at the dishes in my sink overwhelmed me. And it only knock the the pain from a 10 at times to a 8. I read about this medication on-line and found it to be a synthetic opioid that also act as an SSRI. Well I told myself that's that. I won't take any meds, I rather be in pain. I did this because I didn't want to call the surgeon back and ask for Vicodin. Well that plan lasted until late the following morning when my sciatic nerve went OFF. I was cuddled in a ball on the floor crying. I thought about going to the ER it was so bad. Finally the spasm settled and I hobbled to the Tramadol and took some. I still wasn't going to call that surgeon back and ask. I wasn't going to call my PCP and explain everything. Fortunately, I have a pain management appointment on Tuesday (three days from now). I'm waiting to talk with someone about this pain. In the meantime, I have severe sciatic episodes just walking half a block. I went to a function today thinking I needed to do something to get out of the house. I had to lay on the sidewalk to get the spasm to stop. I want off this Tramadol! I don't care if they give me Vicodin or not but I wrote a list of my expectations for successful treatment and I will not stop pressing until I get relief and my active life back. I'm so angry at people who abuse these pills- and help to unfairly stigmatize people who really need them. I do understand that addiction is an illness, I want to be compassionate. But their illness and behaviors makes everyone else suspect, which in turn makes doctors less compassionate towards their patients- like they need another thing to get in the way of that.
The reason why the doctors seem less compassionate is because they are now under tremendous pressure from the DEA and politicians who don't understand that there are people like us who are in terrible pain and do need the pain meds.  These doctors are now at risk of losing their medical licenses.  You need to write to your Senators and Congressional Reps, and the DEA about your experiences.  These terrible experiences are all over another medical website that starts with drugs.  And yes, the reason for the government's totalitarian control of doctors is because of all the illegal selling of pain meds.  Wish you the best.
IM SS JENNIFER AN YES I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU NOBODY KNOWS JUST HOW BAD WE HURT AN ARE FAST TO JUDGE US I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WHERE YOURE COMING FROM HUN AN I JUST SIMPLY TOLD MY DR THE HONEST TO GODS TRUTH LIKE U DID HERE AN THEY KNOW HOW MUCH PAIN WERE IN AN WILL UNDERSTAND MY DR DOES AN THEY DO THERE BEST TO TRY AN KEEP ME AS COMFORTABLE AS POSABLE SO JUST LOOK UR DR SRT IN THE EYES AN TELL THEM WHAT YOU GOING THREW AN THAT U HAVE A FIBRO BLOG AN 1 OF THE PEOPLE ON THERE TOLD U IF THAT WASNT WORKING TO ASK UR DR TO GIVE U WHATEVER IT IS U THINK WILL HELP I HOPE U FELING A LIL BETTER HUN GOD BLESS