Fibromyalgia Community
How much Vitamin B12 to inject for ENERGY

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

I just got a vitamin B12 shot today...how long before I feel anything beneficial??
From the information I found, it states from 4-6 days before there's noticable increase of energy.  It's also recommended that the injections are received on a regular schedule.

I hope you fee better soon.  
At this time I'm injecting 1cc of Vit. B12 when
needed...usually every 2 weeks
...although I can inject weekly
if needed and I do sometimes...I find they
help! Hope you do too!

Hugs, Pod
I got my first injection last Tuesday.  By Saturday, I realized that my feelings of complete exhaustion had lifted!  I don't feel like running any marathon, but I made a real dinner for my daughter (she's 19 yrs)  last night for the first time in months-I've been going home from work and going right to bed.  Just doing that simple task, made feel so good.

Prior to this, I had tried the liquid B12, but didn't have any noticeable results.

I hope you have great results!!!
Thanks! exactly the same for me...it took 4 days!! That zombie feeling from being tired has almost gone away. Isnt it great. My daughter is 19 months old and wish I did this a year ago!!!
Are you doing 1 cc weekly? or twice a month. I am curious to see how long it lasts. i bought my own vial on the internet and my neighbor showed me how to inject it. But I really rather not do it myself...shes a nurse and made it seem so simple.
i am glad you mentioned the drops...it seemed so much easier to do that but I want to keep doing the injections
Are you deficient in B12 or just tired from working and life??
melissa
You know, I didn't ask how much they were giving me!  My dr. has me going once a week for 4 weeks and then try once a month.  Working full time does wear me out, but my B12 is also low.    But I really don't think I could inject it myself.  Because it is only a "Nurse" visit, I shouldn't have to pay a co-pay for the visit and the insurance picks up the cost of the injection.  I remember having to push myself though the day when my kids were small - The pain and fatigue was unbearable at times.  I hope you have some support so that you can rest.

I am starting Savella this weekend.  I am really excited.  I had stop my Effexor first, which is not fun.  I'll let you know how that works.  I have great hopes.