Fibromyalgia Community
How to get disability

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

How to get disability

I lost my job after a surgery on my neck because my fibro prevented me from healing fast enough. I lost all benefits and cannot find work because I also have CFS, Endometriosis, PCOS, and severe chronic migraine. I am 28 and have been suffering for 9 years now. I can't seen to find a new doc (since I lost my benefits, I lost my pain management doctor) who will help me get disability because I am so young. Not sure why that should matter, if I can't work, I can't work. Anyway my question is does anyone know how I can get disability using all my medical records without a current physician?
You will need to get an attorney.  Get your medical records and the attorney can get dr visits covered in the interim.

Other than that you may want to look for a community health center, or go to your local health department.

hi hun,find your nearest citizens advice bureau..get proffessional advice off them..before you start seeking help from attorneys...there is definitley help out there for you...im in uk..im taking it you are too.apologies if not..but there is defo help there for you...find what u are entitled to...nobody will just give u help,u have to search for it..but it i promise you..it is there...best of luck x