Fibromyalgia Community
How to prove to my Gp I have fibromyalgia ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

I've read many books and articles on many websites and after seeing an osteopathe who told me I may have a fibromyalgia, I'm sure I must be suffering from FM.
Nevertheless, I saw my GP who sent me to have a blood test to know if I had an inflammation and the test was negative.
I will see him again. Will i have to bring my own checklist symptoms; exagerate my pain ?
I don't wanna have another blood test cos I really need medication. I can't take it anymore of the pain what's more I will have to work in August.
Bonjour Lucie.

You can  ask your doctor to give you a 24-hour Holter ECG. You know, of course, that an electrocardiogram is a measure of your heartbeat and shows what is going on in the right ventricle, the left ventricle and so on. Tests show that 100% of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia have an irregular heartbeat. At various periods during the 24 hours, the heart, instead of working happily away going "bump-BUMP, bump-BUMP", every now and again goes "buhbuhbuhbuhbubbuhbuhbuhbuh". The T-wave (the waves are called P, Q, R, S and T) is normally a peak, and then the wave levels off and starts with the P-wave again. In chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia patients, the T-wave flattens off, or actually inverts. That means the blood in the left ventricle is not being squeezed up through the aorta and around through the body.

There is also the blood volume test. The normal range for red cell volume is 25 to 35 ml per kg of body weight.  FMS,CFS and MS patients have 7-50% less blood than what their body needs to function well. Most doctors do not know this.

If you need more info please post again. There's a 3rd test but people have to send a vial of blood to N. Zealand ( the only place where this test is done!) Very specific to FMS, CFS,
MS or Alzheimer's.
Also if you need  a natural pain remedy-better than most meds- please message me directly  (forum rules) or post at the alternative therapies.
I'll be away for 10 days but I'll respond when I return.
Blessings
Nikodicreta
I know where you are coming from.   My doctor did the 16 point test, and ruled Fibro out. Although, doing my own research, that is not the only way to diagnose Fibro.
So, I am being treated for depression and anxiety, with xanax,  Pain pills for my degeneritive disc disease, along with Lyrica for my low pain tolerance.  ( neuropathy as he says ) was on meds for IBS, the hot spots and numbness I get in my legs and arms, are said to be caused by the pinched nerve in my back. I have been nodding off during the day, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes it lasts an hour.  He is saying maybe narcolepsy, and I am headed to a sleep center on thursday, night test for sleep apnea, and day test for the narcolepsy.  My right leg and feet swell.  My leg has been swollen for over 2 weeks now, he has no clue what is causing that. :(   Plus it seems like every week, something new is going on with me.  Lately I have had a bad burning from my neck down the right side of my shoulder blade, and into my arm.   I wish I could have an up beat attitude, but right now, I just want to give up.  
Hey Ilovecats2.
Most likely your JNK gene is been activated for quite some time.
This gene is a signaling type of gene that 100% of the time- when activated for long - leads to chronic disease. Please do research this, as it is a very extensive medical topic.
You need to know what activates it, and how to prevent that.
(there's specific supplementation available).
Your swelling is most likely peripheral edema. You need to get your lymphatic system
  activated- as now it is compromised- to take care of that. (No meds are recommended for this! Should your Dr. prescribe medication for that, please research it carefully first.)
  New symptoms appearing all the time are somewhat indicative of a pathogenic mycoplasma co-infection. See my post today to emancairo for more info on this.
Unfortunately your situation, is not only challenging to you, but also to the Medical
Care personnel, that is looking after your health matters.
I understand how you feel, when you mention, that you would like to have an upbeat attitude, but....
Should you need some more details on any of the above please post again (anytime).
  I will try to "walk" you through, in a simplified version.
  For your sleep issues, narcolepsy and pain, Hypnotherapy comes to mind as
  a very likely way to find relief. Have you ever considered it?
Hope you find this helpful.
Blessings
Nikodicreta