Fibromyalgia Community
I am newly experienceing light dizziness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

I have been diagnosed with fibro by 5 different doctors.  My most annoying symptoms are pain and memory loss.  Short term memory is the worst and is making doing my job difficult.  However I have begun to experience light headedness, dizziness and balance problems.  Is this common ?  Are there any medications that can be used to combat this?
Hello
I'M new here and seen your post
I also have Gibro which is pretty bad espically when I have flareups. Like I am today.
Mine get really had when there is a weather change and winters kill me anyway. Lol
I think the memory stuff your having might be what they call Fibro Fog? Just IMO
I was on a lot of meds went to pain managment ( but I do also have back problems an arthritisl an RA
Along with other physical stuff not to mention the depression and I an Bipolar as well)
I didn't lime what the pain meds were doing to me ( Oxycontin CR and Hydrocorone (Noroco) so I went CT off the Oxy and did a taper off the Hydro. I ch think a little strighter without the opiate but the pain is BAD.
I also take Lyrica and it really helps but not all the pain. And I have Tramadol but that doesn't help more then an hour. Not sure if I will try taknf a little Hydro when it gets really bad or not.

Jet wanted to tell my story and maybe you can get something out of it.
Seems Lyrica helps the Fibro Fog some but not all of it
I feel for you   I am having Fibro Fog today really bad so please excuse any of this post if it doesn't make sense! LOL
What do your doctors have you on now?
Hope you feeling somewhat better as the day goes on.

Peace
Lesa

Oh yeah please excuse any typos.
I am on my IPhone in a simi truck going down the road bouncing all over.
So sorry for typos!! LOL
Hi I am also a truckers wife lol. However I am home on the couch today. I also have some dizziness. I just kind of go with it. I too took opiate pain relievers. In November I went ct off them and stayed off for just over 3 months. I can't take lyrica, cymbalta, or savella. I am on gabapentin. 300mg twice a day. it makes ne feel kind of druggy for a bit after I take it, but it really helps with some of the pain. I also have started back on my Norco 1 time a day in between the gabapentin. My husband and I call the mix my cocktail! But that combination seems to be great for me. I feel better than I have in a year. I have other health problems too, but I have been able to be much mote active. I have even been able to walk the 3 miles that I used to run. I will accept that as success right now! Good luck to you both. Keep trying to find what works for you!
Hello fellow Truckers Wife!!!
Hey ya know what they say
" the only thing tougher then a trucker is a truckers wife"
How true. Wether you at home alone or on the road with him!!!
I have done both but really like the road. Hate being alone all the time, kids are grown an in other state.

Lyrica is the only thing that works for me. GABA just wasn't string enough even at max dose.

So you say your " cocktail" works pretty well?
Which opiate did you go back on once a day? If you don't mind me asking?
We were up by Canada yesterday in northern Michigan an I was dying now in northern Indiana heading into snowy area of Kansas N I'm still having a hard time an not sure about maybe taking just on Hydro to see if I can get alittle releife??

Peace
Lesa
Hey Lesa. Yea I hate being alone all the time too. The kids have been out of the house for about a year, but my health hasn't allowed me to be in the truck. I had part of my pancreas and spleen removed. Ugh. So my target date to get in the truck in July. My husband is a flat Vedder for 22 years! I take Norco 19/325 to supplement the gabapentin. I am never pain free, but this makes it mire bearable. And these weather changes sure make things harder. I am so looking forward to summer! We live on a lake and back up to a secluded cove. It feels great on all my aches to just throw a raft in the water and float. Something about the weightlessness I guess. I know you can't soak on the road, but I have been told that if you out magnesium flakes in a scrubbie in the shower and massage it it it helps too. Safe travels my friend!
All the typos! Flat bedder. And I take Norco 10/325. I'm on my phone too!