Fibromyalgia Community
I need help with fibromyalgia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

I need help with fibromyalgia

I am 40 years old now and have been telling the numorus, physicians, 2 phychtrists,2 counselors,a rhuemolotolgist, and I believe that is it, how I feel most of the time I feel like I have the flu. My husband and I have noticed over the years though if I get really stressed and worry over an issue,situation,or problem it's like my symptoms get worse the pain, sometimes I sleep for days at a time and I can hear them talking to me and I will respond but I feel like you do when your put under anesthia. I just fall back to sleep after they make me eat something or until they make sure I'm okay. Then I have times I'm so tired that I can't sleep or I toss and turn all night from pain or insomina. The older I have gotten the more out of control I seem to get. I have been on many antidepressants over the years. I have been on nerve pills three times a day that seemed to help me but my current doctor won't let me have them she has me on 800mg. ibprophben,effexorxr 2x a day, and i am on a blood pressure pill as well. She has never diagnosed me with anything? The physcitriasts I have seen had me so drugged I was a zombie, just horrid!!!! The rhumetologist I seen at Christ Hospital in Cincinatti ohio basiclly did blood work like numerous of theese doctors have say my blood work looks fine and they have no answers for me, no diagnosis,so I in turn get ticked off and come to the conclusion people think I'm making it up or I'm crazy so I won't visit a doctor only to get refills on my current meds which is visit to my regular physcian 2 to 3 times a year and give up for a while. The rhuemutologist said he has heard of fibro but he believes it's in the head, past issues, I did have a traumatic past most people do but that is in the past. I don't need a physicirtist to talk about the past, you can't change it, it has happened and hopefully it helps you be a better,stronger person and you learn from it and you don't make that mistake or get in that situation. I'm getting so I have no faith in doctors but I have to go to get my antidepressants so my headaches are controled a bit and the pain to. I know there has got to be someone out there that is in this situation and maybe you have found a doctor or someone to help you? Please if you know of anywhere or a doctor that can help in ohio please email me back. I am getting to be such a burden on my family and this is making me so depressed. I have a grandson that is 17 months old and I can't take care of him most days so he's juggled between a few family members and their sick of it, i can see it. I have a son that's 14 and he has known nothing but his moms sick and asleep, my daughter is 21 that has the baby she is a fighter and she works full time worker plus does college full time? I can't hold down a job for long I work awhile and then I get too sick where I can't make it to work. I get every sickness coming and going. I try to be strong and fight but it's getting to the point if I don't find help somewhere somehow, it's getting harder and harder to live. I don't want to feel or be this way some days I talk to God all day, you might think I'm crazy but he knows and I believe someone is going to read this and help me find where I need to go so I can get better for me first and my family second. Thank You so much for your time.  
Tags: need help
LOTS of hugs.... Sadly, your story is all too familiar!  I would have to say that your situation definitely sounds like Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue.... this is a horrible disease that can wreak havoc on your life, as you have discovered!

Do some research on Rheumatologist in your area that may specialize in Fibro or if not in your area start researching various websites that offer lots of information regarding diet and nutrition.

I am a firm believer in using vitamin and mineral supplements, along with diet and exercise.  I know it seems like you don't have enough energy to even crawl out of bed, but the supplements will help with this.  A website that I first found when I was trying to get a diagnosis... it really put so much into perspective for me... check it out! http://www.fms-help.com/   She has such wonderful information to share and helped me realize that I wasn't crazy!  

I also discoverd what some of my 'trigger' foods were that caused me to have so much more pain and fatigue - for me it's processed sugar/flours, aspertame, and MSG.  When I stay away from those items, my pain really does improve and my energy levels are better.

Don't give up... you can fight and win this battle, but you just have to jump off of the traditional way of thinking about this illness and seek ways to help yourself and improve your quality of life.  It's overwhelming, I KNOW... but it can be done!  

Please feel free to contact me if I can help you with anything.  
I am happy to share what I've learned that works and doesn't work.

Best of luck to you!